Baby BMW Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
That's a pisser about the callipers; you've been more patient than me! I'd have had a tantrum by now and had them back.

Sounds like you've got a busy few weeks coming up with the suspension too.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
SamM140 said:
That's a pisser about the callipers; you've been more patient than me! I'd have had a tantrum by now and had them back.

Sounds like you've got a busy few weeks coming up with the suspension too.
Yeah, I've got loads of parts backed up waiting for the calipers as I want to do it all in 1 hit ideally.
I'm nearly pressing the button on a Blackline LSD too... :oops:

·
Registered
360 Posts
pem10 said:
Hi MED

I used this place to get all mine refurbished and powder coated and they came back as new. Took 3 to 4 weeks but that was the promised time frame.
I've got some calipers Bigg Red at the moment. I was hoping for less time than 3 to 4 weeks, but they've been there 2 weeks so far, so it's looking like 3 to 4 weeks is pretty accurate. Sounds like they're worth the wait though!

MED said:
I'm nearly pressing the button on a Blackline LSD too... :oops:
Do it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Car looks great, but a bit low at the rear? Seems like your suspension work will correct that.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
wrevilo23 said:
Car looks great, but a bit low at the rear? Seems like your suspension work will correct that.
I've never noticed that.
Maybe the lack of wheel spacers make it look like the wheel is tucked under the arch a little? (something I might add one day)

I've just measued the bottom of wheel to rear arch, 57cm both sides. Does that sound correct for a 2007 74k car? (I also have 2x 340mm discs, pads, LCA's and 4x springs plus some other bits in the boot!)
Can anyone post up their bottom of wheel to arch measurements as a reference?

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
MED said:
wrevilo23 said:
I've never noticed that.
Maybe the lack of wheel spacers make it look like the wheel is tucked under the arch a little? (something I might add one day)

I've just measued the bottom of wheel to rear arch, 57cm both sides. Does that sound correct for a 2007 74k car? (I also have 2x 340mm discs, pads, LCA's and 4x springs plus some other bits in the boot!)
Mine was always pretty low at the rear too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've never noticed that.

From floor to wheel arch 65cm.
From bottom of rim to wheel arch 59cm.
That’s with new Eibach Pro Springs.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts