Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2018 m140 and find the rear end too firm for my bad back. I read that fitting springs from the older m135 was a good solution as they were softer so I ordered some bilstein OE springs from autodoc for the 135. On arrival, they were boxed as shock absorbers (they were springs thankfully) so I cross checked the part numbers, and it seems like autodoc/bilstein have the same part number for m135 and m140 springs.

Have I just wasted £139 on the same as I already have?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
If they are Bilstein and not actually OEM then maybe they didn't actually change their spec when for the 140i. Or they did and only sell the 140 springs maybe. The way to be sure is use a rate calculator since the later springs as you know are much much stiffer. You need the wire width and number of turns to get a rough idea.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why not order a set of Eibach springs from Autodoc? Slightly lower and more comfortable it’s a win win

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Why not order a set of Eibach springs from Autodoc? Slightly lower and more comfortable it’s a win win
He already has the Bilsteins so I makes sense to see if those work first I should think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts