Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has colour coded there rear diffuser, seen a blue 130 and a silver 120d with it. Just wondered what we all thought and if anyone had any proper pics!

Ta :spotman:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Standard diffuser on my Graphite Grey M sport bends in with body colour - I would prefer if it stood out a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an Alpinweiss (white) BMW 130i.. and I wanted to make the M sport rear diffuser in dark black (not sure if matte or glossy) from his original factory dark grey plastic.

But I am not sure the M sport rear diffuser plastic is very suitable for respraying it... i have the feeling the paint might start peeling off after some (short) time... :roll:

It would be nice to know from someone who has resprayed it already if it looks like the paint it's going to stay there fine or not...

·
Registered
69 Posts
karlenstein said:
I have an Alpinweiss (white) BMW 130i.. and I wanted to make the M sport rear diffuser in dark black (not sure if matte or glossy) from his original factory dark grey plastic.

But I am not sure the M sport rear diffuser plastic is very suitable for respraying it... i have the feeling the paint might start peeling off after some (short) time... :roll:

It would be nice to know from someone who has resprayed it already if it looks like the paint it's going to stay there fine or not...
If you are painting or repainting any plastic body panels you will need a special paint that has a plasticiser agent in it which makes it flexible so that when the panel bends the paint will move with it and not crack and flake off. Without this it will last a matter of days...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That white coupe looks :sick: horrid imo..........

I like the look of them standard, well apart from the carbon ones. But if you wanted to do it go black. Try a photoshop to decide!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As much as I like white (not sure if I had said that before :mrgreen: ) I do not like the pic in the link, the M sport looks good with the dark diffuser, be it standard or carbon.

Maybe you could get away with painting it to match the rest of the car but only for certain colours, like Sparkling Graphite / Space grey

Not keen on the grilles or the Dark line lamps to be honest as they look too dark to me! :?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nope don't like it either the black helps break the back up and the lights are too dark. Grills are ok and a cheap fix if you want chrome grills to spray paint them aluminium or silver. Or I was looking at spray on Plastikote chrome paint and masking off the rest of the grill cost £5 Dead easy and cheap thing to do!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That white 1er is nasty! Why go to all that trouble and then have huge black mud flaps front and rear. Also, is it me or is the rear diffuser a darker shade of white than the rest of the car?

IMO dark diffuser on a light car looks good. Makes the car look wider and meaner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.