Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm getting a VERY loud groaning noise when reversing my M135i. It doesn't happen all of the time and it's difficult to work out the circumstances for when it does happen.

Has anyone comes across this before, or heard anything like it?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reactions: Daveodaddeo

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've got my car booked in for this and the low washer fluid warning not working next Monday. I asked if there was a bulletin and they said not yet but they had another car with the exact same issue yesterday get booked in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Great, thanks all.

Also, is it me, or does anyone find the brakes difficult to modulate when coming to a stop? I.e preventing a jerky stop.

Perhaps it’s just the large, powerful brakes?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've got my car booked in for this and the low washer fluid warning not working next Monday. I asked if there was a bulletin and they said not yet but they had another car with the exact same issue yesterday get booked in.
Mine only ever showed the warning once, and even then it was very brief! After that it never showed it again that I saw, I presumed I had just missed it, but now I think about it it probably didn’t work beyond the first time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great, thanks all.

Also, is it me, or does anyone find the breaks difficult to modulate when coming to a stop? I.e preventing a jerky stop.

Perhaps it’s just the large, powerful breaks?

I find the same - its difficult to come to a completely smooth stop. Like you say, I guess it's the downside of having such heavy duty brakes.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yes the brakes do have a lot of servo assistance, and that can take some time to get used to, but my stops are smooth enough now..

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2020 F40 has just started doing the same the last couple of days. When reversing in a straight line it’s fine. When the wheel is at a slight lock or turning into a space/driveway etc it sounds awful. Like a high pitched vibration. I’ve heard it could be a number of things from rear brakes/pads to the steering rack. Anybody have this issue solved? BMW purportedly saying ‘it’s a characteristic of the car’. 🤬 off!

·
Registered
606 Posts
No sounds yet since having my car back on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My 135 does this every so often in reverse. It’s under warranty so will get it checked

1 - 13 of 13 Posts