Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve noticed recently that my blower motor is rather noisy and vibrating when on high, noticeable above 3 bars on the display. It’s like it’s vibrating. I had a similar thing when I bought the car 5 years ago and turned out a snail shell was in the fan. I know!

I usually leave the air con on all the time but turned it off yesterday and noticed it’s smooth even at max speed fan speed. When I turn on the air con, the vibrating starts after a couple of seconds.

Any ideas what this could be?

*its a 2012 reg

·
Super Moderator
344 Posts
I had a problem similar to yours, except mine was a squeak.

I'd just swap it for a second hand one off eBay if I were you. Doing so cost me £20, and it was simple enough to swap myself. Problem solved (y)

·
Super Moderator
344 Posts
I’m tempted to try that. But still don’t understand why it’s ok with the air con switched off
Mine was the same, only happened after the AC had been on. My old blower motor looked and sounded absolutely fine on inspection, no clue as to why the issue occurred but I wasn't too interested in finding out why as long as the cheap fix sorted it to be honest.

At £20-30 it's not too much to lose - further investigation can always be done after if needs be.

Reactions: whodareswins1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts