Baby BMW Forum banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Right so.. someone on the Facebook forums has been contacted today to be advised their build will not have the touch screen now.. has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Spinkz said:
Right so.. someone on the Facebook forums has been contacted today to be advised their build will not have the touch screen now.. has anyone else heard this?
Following

·
Registered
122 Posts
Marshy said:
Seen this myself
Going to ring my dealer tomorrow as that's a deal breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I've emailed mine to find out what's going on.. I got my spec list from genius though and it looks like the code is just the idrive touch control deletion rather than touch screen but I want confirmation either way..

Coconut4 said:
Spinkz said:
1710382[/url] time=1643745110 user_id=50006]
Which Facebook forum?
Ummm bmw f40 m135i xdrive owners club (b48)

·
Registered
157 Posts
AlanW said:
Simmo44 said:
Note- HK Only available on new orders , Existing orders cant have it my dealer told me
I have to say that really is a proper kick in the nuts isnt it :cry:
This doesn't apply to M135i orders which have always had the HK option.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spinkz said:
Marshy said:
Seen this myself
Going to ring my dealer tomorrow as that's a deal breaker

Yeah I've emailed mine to find out what's going on.. I got my spec list from genius though and it looks like the code is just the idrive touch control deletion rather than touch screen but I want confirmation either way..

Coconut4 said:
Spinkz said:
1710382[/url] time=1643745110 user_id=50006]
Which Facebook forum?
Ummm bmw f40 m135i xdrive owners club (b48)
Spoke to my dealer this morning who knows nothing about it.
He checked on the bmw system and rang me back but says F40 is not affected.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Eftiem64 said:
AlanW said:
Simmo44 said:
Note- HK Only available on new orders , Existing orders cant have it my dealer told me
I have to say that really is a proper kick in the nuts isnt it :cry:
This doesn't apply to M135i orders which have always had the HK option.
'Always' isn't quite true. Last summer HK was shown in the configurator as part of one of the optional packs, and as a standalone option. However, it would be automatically deleted from the pack, and could not be ordered separately.

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to the FB forum, the BMW genius said the missing idrive touch function will be turned on by the dealer before collection. Fingers crossed that's the case. However, in TRL's post (8 Jan), there is a mention of a goodwill gesture for the missing feature, which makes me think that it will never be available for any cars built PW 5 onwards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
jme63 said:
According to the FB forum, the BMW genius said the missing idrive touch function will be turned on by the dealer before collection. Fingers crossed that's the case. However, in TRL's post (8 Jan), there is a mention of a goodwill gesture for the missing feature, which makes me think that it will never be available for any cars built PW 5 onwards.
But doesn't TRL's post on January 8th actually say there isn't a goodwill payment?

·
Registered
144 Posts
As I understand it there's no goodwill for the idrive touch function which is deleted and will not be reinstated with a software update.
Wireless CarPlay however is deleted and hoped to be reinstated in quarter 2 via a software update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Coconut4 said:
jme63 said:
But doesn't TRL's post on January 8th actually say there isn't a goodwill payment?
That's me off to Specsavers, time to get some reading glasses :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Marshy said:
As I understand it there's no goodwill for the idrive touch function which is deleted and will not be reinstated with a software update.
Wireless CarPlay however is deleted and hoped to be reinstated in quarter 2 via a software update.

This doesn't make any sense!, if it's able to be reinstated simply using software they wouldn't omit it in the first place surely! The problems manufacturers are having are due to issues with hardware due to missing control modules because there are no chips to operate them, a software update would only alter computer code so why would they not do that at build.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just had an update from my dealer. Car still scheduled for build w/b 28 Feb and delivery week 11.

Touch function on idrive controller confirmed deleted.

I also specced lumbar support as I have a bad back and it's therefore essential and was today informed the lumbar support function is also deleted on the front passenger side due to semi conductor shortage.

So that's a £150 option and I'm getting a £75 benefit. No mention of any goodwill payment so I'm querying that!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Carlosfandang0 said:
Marshy said:

This doesn't make any sense!, if it's able to be reinstated simply using software they wouldn't omit it in the first place surely! The problems manufacturers are having are due to issues with hardware due to missing control modules because there are no chips to operate them, a software update would only alter computer code so why would they not do that at build.
As far as I'm led to believe they are using their own hardware but awaiting software approval from apple/android

·
Registered
157 Posts
Eftiem64 said:
Just had an update from my dealer. Car still scheduled for build w/b 28 Feb and delivery week 11.

I also specced lumbar support as I have a bad back and it's therefore essential and was today informed the lumbar support function is also deleted on the front passenger side due to semi conductor shortage.

So that's a £150 option and I'm getting a £75 benefit. No mention of any goodwill payment so I'm querying that!
Now had confirmation price reduced to £75 for this option. No idea if applies to just existing orders or whether option removed for new ones or whether you can still order - it's still on the configurator.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eftiem64 said:
Eftiem64 said:

Now had confirmation price reduced to £75 for this option. No idea if applies to just existing orders or whether option removed for new ones or whether you can still order - it's still on the configurator.
What dealer is this please and also is there any new codes on your spec sheet about this etc?

·
Registered
92 Posts
So bit of a lengthy chat with online chat this morning as concerned about option availability. Lumbar support is available on f40 only model affected is the iX. Idrive touch screen ok but no touch function on the idrive controller to be added later via remote software update. Comfort access available and as long as electric boot the hands free foot swipe is available

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking at the spec sheet for mine built last week(PW5), I know mine will be impacted by the "temporary deletion" wifi functions (carplay /android auto I think) but there is no such "temporary deletion" mention for the idrive touch function. Who knows, maybe the remote SW upgrade will fix both.

6P1 Wi-Fi functions, temporary deletion & preparation for Remote Software Upgrade
6UX Deletion of iDrive touch function

101 - 120 of 140 Posts