Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, im trying to build a picture of confirmed items of spec, both standard and optional, that have been removed from the F40 1 series, particularly 128/135 models. I know things have changed dramatically over the past few week but this started months ago and ive no idea how deep it goes? As far as I know we're at the following -

No tech pack available below M135Xi
No driver assistant
No wireless charging
No HUD
No 12V in boot
No chrome trim plate on boot lip
Comfort access tailgate (available again since WK44)
Harmon Kardon speakers (unavailable below M135Xi)
Screwdriver from tool kit

I could be wrong about these and there may be more so please can it be added to? Hopefully helping others iron out where they stand.

Cheers
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
Tech Pack is available on M135i model.
Its only removed from the other models (inc 128ti)

Boot smart opener is now back in production when taking Comfort pack/Access (lifted from week 44 production)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TRL said:
Tech Pack is available on M135i model.
Its only removed from the other models (inc 128ti)

Boot smart opener is now back in production when taking Comfort pack/Access (lifted from week 44 production)
Much appreciated for the clarification mate!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
TRL said:
Tech Pack is available on M135i model.
Its only removed from the other models (inc 128ti)

Boot smart opener is now back in production when taking Comfort pack/Access (lifted from week 44 production)
I wonder if this is why mine is has been sat at 155 for so long!
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
Smithy20vt said:
TRL said:
Tech Pack is available on M135i model.
Its only removed from the other models (inc 128ti)

Boot smart opener is now back in production when taking Comfort pack/Access (lifted from week 44 production)
I wonder if this is why mine is has been sat at 155 for so long!
Actually its possible that if your car was built in the past few weeks and does have "comfort access or Comfort package" then
they may well have held it back to fit the sensor under the rear for the smart opener. Would make sense. We have had some "reverse
camera shortages" and they are building the cars but then holding them back at the factory to retrofit the boot camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Just seen this thread and thanks for starting it Bennmountain, it's a brilliant idea. I will be watching it closely as at the present moment in time my 128 is still on order but as per my other threads it may be cancelled this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GampsBM said:
Just seen this thread and thanks for starting it Bennmountain, it's a brilliant idea. I will be watching it closely as at the present moment in time my 128 is still on order but as per my other threads it may be cancelled this week.
No problem mate. We're all in this together! Its a shame BMW as a whole is really being discovered for its absolute lack of credibility. I played a little game yesterday and called my local BMW dealer and explained my predicament with the lead times (without disclosing it was a BMW id ordered) the sales man was quick to tell me im looking at a 3/4 month lead time from order with him which was obviously a huge bare faced lie. I finished the call revealing it was actually BMW I was dealing with and he couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Im gutted really because I expected the BMW experience to be alot better. That said, im not cancelling yet. There are no other options and I know I want the car. Im fortunate enough to still have my Karoq til March and ive been told I can extend the lease at no extra cost if (when) there is a delay with the BMW. All im bothered about now is having the truth told and the opportunity to make an educated decision in good time. We touched on it earlier but it seems BMW have taken a policy of keeping their cards very close to their chest. I fully believe if they told the truth they'd have alot more cancellations and thats what they want to avoid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
I like what you did, brilliant. It just proves the point that they will lie through their teeth to secure a deal. As you say if they were totally honest none of these issues would arise. I think dealers should make their sales staff read the owners forums as part of their job and then they may realise how much of a negative light they are being portrayed in both at dealer level and manufacturer level. This applies to most manufacturers and not just BMW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
The buying experience can unfortunately vary greatly depending on dealership chosen, lead times are long with all manufacturers at the moment, but some will have orders already in the pipeline that could speed things up if you were to order today, so the salesman may have on been being reasonably honest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
NeilPT said:
TRL said:
screwdriver now removed from the tool bag
That's the final straw, I'm cancelling! :lol:
Brilliant, I like it! :lol: To be honest I think it's the dealers that are keeping them as they need them to screw everyone over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Bennmountain said:
GampsBM said:
Just seen this thread and thanks for starting it Bennmountain, it's a brilliant idea. I will be watching it closely as at the present moment in time my 128 is still on order but as per my other threads it may be cancelled this week.
No problem mate. We're all in this together! Its a shame BMW as a whole is really being discovered for its absolute lack of credibility. I played a little game yesterday and called my local BMW dealer and explained my predicament with the lead times (without disclosing it was a BMW id ordered) the sales man was quick to tell me im looking at a 3/4 month lead time from order with him which was obviously a huge bare faced lie. I finished the call revealing it was actually BMW I was dealing with and he couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Im gutted really because I expected the BMW experience to be alot better. That said, im not cancelling yet. There are no other options and I know I want the car. Im fortunate enough to still have my Karoq til March and ive been told I can extend the lease at no extra cost if (when) there is a delay with the BMW. All im bothered about now is having the truth told and the opportunity to make an educated decision in good time. We touched on it earlier but it seems BMW have taken a policy of keeping their cards very close to their chest. I fully believe if they told the truth they'd have alot more cancellations and thats what they want to avoid.
HA, funny that because I did something similar (albeit unintentionally to expose them) when I queried for an M135i with the spec I needed. I was already in the midst of placing the order but couple of dealers called me to gauge if I was still interested in the 128ti as I initially was going for that.

Not only I had to reveal to them 128 had no HUD and other bits and pieces that I needed before they confirmed, I told them I was looking for an M135i at this point.

The salespersons kept saying 'it will be here within 3/4 months if you are to place an order today. How soon can you place an order if we work on numbers?'. Magically for them the wait time was 3/4 months if order is placed right this second I was talking to them. Once I explained the research I have done and said what is a more accurate delivery time, it was revealed not before March or so.

This is why I always politely hang up when I query about cars and sense the guy on the other end is pushy/snakey/untruthful/pressuring. Things I hate with a passion; no point in asserting your authority and being pushy when I will buy from you IF I like your attitude and finance works. 80% of the BMW dealerships I called to query always have one of the aforementioned characteristics and always 'okay how soon can you place the order' as the 2nd question since picking the phone up.

I'd say maybe 3 people within BMWs I have dealt with were very good, sincere and not trying to shaft from the outset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Good evening all! I ordered my 118i Sport Line here in Greece on September 25. The first disappointment was the Mineral Gray color which was no longer available so i chose the Sapphire Black. Anyway, I added as optional extras the Adaptive LEDs with LED Fog lights, the Parking Assistant, Mirrors Pack, the adaptive cruise control with S&G and the Comfort Access. I was told by the dealer that the car should be scheduled for production by the end of November with estimated delivery by the end of the year.

After a few days I received a call from the dealer who told me that the comfort access pack could cause a huge delay because is in shortage so i removed it from the order. On Friday I received another call and he told me that the adaptive cruise control has been discontinued and is no longer available on the 118i :roll:

I can live without comfort access (I wanted the digital key) but I wanted the ACC badly as i am traveling a lot for my work. The only hope is a retrofit as I have all the sensors with the Active Guard Plus but this is another thread.

Now I am afraid for the next call and what I am going to hear :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Bennmountain said:
Good evening all, im trying to build a picture of confirmed items of spec, both standard and optional, that have been removed from the F40 1 series, particularly 128/135 models. I know things have changed dramatically over the past few week but this started months ago and ive no idea how deep it goes? As far as I know we're at the following -

No tech pack available below M135Xi
No driver assistant
No wireless charging
No HUD
No 12V in boot
No chrome trim plate on boot lip
Comfort access tailgate (available again since WK44)
Harmon Kardon speakers (unavailable below M135Xi)
Screwdriver from tool kit

I could be wrong about these and there may be more so please can it be added to? Hopefully helping others iron out where they stand.

Cheers
There's no 12v in the boot?! Ffs that's how I had my dashcam set up last time 🙈
 
1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Top