Baby BMW Forum banner
121 - 140 of 160 Posts

· Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
One proud new owner!
View attachment 20448
Will wait until detailer has done work next week to post more but just from the drive home I’m blown away by the car. As everyone beforehand has said the wait is well worth it and iDrive 8 is incredible!
Also no amount of photos can do this car justice, the angles of the car give it a real presence.
Looks mega mate. Congratulations!

· Registered
297 Posts
No I didn’t go for it. Have so far found the standard M sport brakes to be nice and responsive although not done any spirited driving yet.

You will love the car once it’s had the work done.
I've not used it much but I'm very impressed with it so far,trying to keep the use to a minimal until the paint has some protection on it.

I only asked about the brakes due to the calipers in the pic you posted filing the wheel more than I remember.

· Registered
201 Posts
I've not used it much but I'm very impressed with it so far,trying to keep the use to a minimal until the paint has some protection on it.

I only asked about the brakes due to the calipers in the pic you posted filing the wheel more than I remember.
Yeah I was in the same boat. Just got to hang in there and the wait will be worthwhile!

· Registered
1,578 Posts
My SBM is booked for delivery next Thursday.

Booked in for Motech Springs, Spacers and AutoID CS boot spoiler ‘colour coded SBM’ the following Wed and then the detailers for a week for PPF front, bonnet n sills & ceramic coating.

As above it’ll be staying on the drive until the detailers, can’t chance any stone chips ahead of the PPF. It’ll be a tough week for sure! 🤓

I’ll prob spend the time Sat in it getting my head around ID8!

· Registered
433 Posts
My SBM is booked for delivery next Thursday.

Booked in for Motech Springs, Spacers and AutoID CS boot spoiler ‘colour coded SBM’ the following Wed and then the detailers for a week for PPF front, bonnet n sills & ceramic coating.

As above it’ll be staying on the drive until the detailers, can’t chance any stone chips ahead of the PPF. It’ll be a tough week for sure! 🤓

I’ll prob spend the time Sat in it getting my head around ID8!
Ive had mine in the garage since collecting it on Sat - this last few days have been nearly as bad as the 9 months wait on the car!! Must be tortue for you!:eek:

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Your cars look great guys! I'm sorely tempted, it's just the waiting time and there will probably be an LCI along soon.

· Registered
257 Posts
I think it was Suntek. Yeah had the sills done and also had the A pillar up to the roof line and a little impact patch around the rear wheel arches!
I nearly had the rear arch done but I wast sure how it would look with the edge showing , TBH I don’t really notice the edge on the A pillars so may have it done .
How you liking Portimao blue ? It seems to change a lot in different light .

· Registered
159 Posts
I nearly had the rear arch done but I wast sure how it would look with the edge showing , TBH I don’t really notice the edge on the A pillars so may have it done .
I'd not worry about the edge (or edges) with PPF and think of the benefits of the protection it gives you. Personally the benefits massively outweigh anything else - and for the most part people won't spot the joints (other than the owner that is...). Depends on the reason you wanted PPF in the first place though I suppose!

Reactions: BluesHead

· Registered
257 Posts
I'd not worry about the edge (or edges) with PPF and think of the benefits of the protection it gives you. Personally the benefits massively outweigh anything else - and for the most part people won't spot the joints (other than the owner that is...). Depends on the reason you wanted PPF in the first place though I suppose!
Is the rear arch area a template cut or freehand ?

· Registered
159 Posts
Is the rear arch area a template cut or freehand ?
Not sure being totally honest - maybe part of a "track pack" pattern potentially - but no idea what areas the protection mentioned above was meant to cover.

· Registered
201 Posts
Yeah I think it’s worth having the A pillar done. I never intended to but the installers suggested it and you have to actively look for the edge to find it otherwise you just forget it’s there. I think the bit around the arch was cut to fit but honestly I haven’t even spotted where it is yet! I was actually told they offer a windscreen protection as well!

Portimao blue is just stunning. Had varied weather this week and it looks different every time!

· Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I think it’s worth having the A pillar done. I never intended to but the installers suggested it and you have to actively look for the edge to find it otherwise you just forget it’s there. I think the bit around the arch was cut to fit but honestly I haven’t even spotted where it is yet! I was actually told they offer a windscreen protection as well!

Portimao blue is just stunning. Had varied weather this week and it looks different every time!
I did look into windscreen PPF but apparently it’s a bit of a nightmare to fit & scratches with the wipers , you can also see a distortion through the adhesive & film apparently & it’s also really pricey so I gave it a miss , great idea though .

121 - 140 of 160 Posts