Baby BMW Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Nope , also shows the same on the configurator , my pedals are the same but the footrest is rubber , after some research it seems it may be a LHD RHD thing .
Configurator screenshot this morning.
View attachment 20198
Sorry, I thought I was in 135/140 section.

· Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't been able to take any pics of the car as, just before it arrived, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer so it's been a bit of a manic couple of weeks. Thankfully things moved quickly and she went through surgery on Saturday and we're hoping that it was caught early enough that this will be the end of it bar a few radiotherapy sessions.

Anyhow, the dealer put a few pics up on their Facebook page which will let you see how it looked when it was clean.

I went for the M pro pack, M tech pack and adaptive, so light on the options but very pleased with the car.

· Registered
257 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't been able to take any pics of the car as, just before it arrived, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer so it's been a bit of a manic couple of weeks. Thankfully things moved quickly and she went through surgery on Saturday and we're hoping that it was caught early enough that this will be the end of it bar a few radiotherapy sessions.

Anyhow, the dealer put a few pics up on their Facebook page which will let you see how it looked when it was clean.

I went for the M pro pack, M tech pack and adaptive, so light on the options but very pleased with the car.

sorry to hear about your wife , hope she makes a speedy recovery ,your car looks absolutely fantastic , obviously the best colour;)

· Registered
433 Posts

Jon, so sorry to hear about your wife. I find a good news story helps build the confidence when diagnosed. I'm almost 7yrs cancer free following surgery for Oesophageal Cancer and as you say getting it early, as I did, is key. Keep strong and positive and I'm sure this will be a special Christmas for you all. Best Wishes.

· Registered
257 Posts
Some stunning photos. So glad I went with the PB! @moominter how protective actually are the plastic films? The point about arguing if there were any issues is a valid one. I’m keen to avoid stone chips while I wait to get it in at the detailer.
It’s the first car I have had done with PPF , my Lotuses only had it on front of the rear wheel arches , obviously it’s not a force field but I’m told it will stop 99% of the stone chips , with the self healing film I’m told unless a stone pierces the film the stone marks will disappear, this is the same for light scratches and swirls apparently. also the gloss black is apparently a nightmare to keep swirl free without the film .
At £2600 for the film and ceramic coating for the paint & the interior it is very pricey & I’m not sure how much of that we will get back when we trade it in four years from now but my partner is using the car for her B road commute & our 17k annual mileage we felt it was worth doing , we will see .
Oh and obviously the detailer spent 5 days working on car , over a day on just paint correction alone .

· Registered
159 Posts
It’s the first car I have had done with PPF , my Lotuses only had it on front of the rear wheel arches , obviously it’s not a force field but I’m told it will stop 99% of the stone chips , with the self healing film I’m told unless a stone pierces the film the stone marks will disappear, this is the same for light scratches and swirls apparently. also the gloss black is apparently a nightmare to keep swirl free without the film .
At £2600 for the film and ceramic coating for the paint & the interior it is very pricey & I’m not sure how much of that we will get back when we trade it in four years from now but my partner is using the car for her B road commute & our 17k annual mileage we felt it was worth doing , we will see .
Oh and obviously the detailer spent 5 days working on car , over a day on just paint correction alone .
6 months (give or take) in with mine and not a single mark on the PPF'd areas. One stone chip has marked on the bonnet where it's gone through the top layer, but hasn't touched the paint underneath - that's it. Everywhere else, as good as the day it was fitted. Some of the gloss back patterns weren't available for the initial install so need to get those bits done as you can tell where there's no PPF. May not have the pure glass look/finish of a high end ceramic but sure does it's job well.

· Registered
433 Posts
Picked the car up late this afternoon and delighted with it,better than I remember from the demonstrator I had plus delighted with the I drive 8 which has already tied me in knots.Managed to get a pic in the dealership,was dark when I got home so will post more pics in 10 days or so when it's back from the detailers.

View attachment 20535
Congrats at last!! Looks fantastic!👍 Me tomorrow 😁

· Registered
433 Posts
Finally, after 9 months I picked mine up today - Black Sapphire, Tech Pack, Adaptive Suspension, Sunroof, H&K Sound, Heated Wheel, M Accents and 50yr Badges.
After 50 mile drive home it's not worth photographing! Will post a few after its coated etc.
1st impressions - absolutely stunning looking well sorted car with one exception - Lane Assistance Interference! Everything else - fantastic!!

· Registered
297 Posts
Finally, after 9 months I picked mine up today - Black Sapphire, Tech Pack, Adaptive Suspension, Sunroof, H&K Sound, Heated Wheel, M Accents and 50yr Badges.
After 50 mile drive home it's not worth photographing! Will post a few after its coated etc.
1st impressions - absolutely stunning looking well sorted car with one exception - Lane Assistance Interference! Everything else - fantastic!!
I came across a box somewhere in the I drive 8 menu that you can un-tick for lane assistance,unsure if it defaults back to being ticked each time you start the car.
I'm delighted with mine also apart from the sore head after scrolling through the apps today.

· Registered
433 Posts
I came across a box somewhere in the I drive 8 menu that you can un-tick for lane assistance,unsure if it defaults back to being ticked each time you start the car.
I'm delighted with mine also apart from the sore head after scrolling through the apps today.
The Genuis did mention yesterday that it reverts back to ON if you uncheck the box. He did set all the values to low and said that this leaves it bearable on his 3 series.
I'll have to test again because in fairness I was a bit distracted by the newness of everything and probably wandered in lane more than I would normally.

· Registered
1,809 Posts
The Genuis did mention yesterday that it reverts back to ON if you uncheck the box. He did set all the values to low and said that this leaves it bearable on his 3 series.
I'll have to test again because in fairness I was a bit distracted by the newness of everything and probably wandered in lane more than I would normally.
So the lane assist did its job :p

101 - 120 of 160 Posts