Baby BMW Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,470 Posts
Let's put another way. When houses are burgled and cars stolen (like mine), the first thing that happens is a 'Mickey mouse' plate is put on; a plate that, if it wasn't for the number of other illegal plates on the road, the police would spot. This would make it more difficult for thieves. Unfortunately lots of people think it's more important to have some vain, chavy, plate and they're too important to bother about the law. You might have noticed it's my bugbear. :)
You need to get over it. The Police don’t give a crap about stolen cars so you’re clutching at straws with that nonsense.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Car delivered a few weeks ago. PPF bumper and complete ceramic protection pics. Many thanks to Tom @ TKD Detailing. Fantastic job!

·
Registered
78 Posts
View attachment 18042
View attachment 18044
View attachment 18043
View attachment 18045
Car delivered a few weeks ago. PPF bumper and complete ceramic protection pics. Many thanks to Tom @ TKD Detailing. Fantastic job!
View attachment 18042
View attachment 18044
View attachment 18043
View attachment 18045
very nice can I ask pm me on PPF cost I’m base in Surrey where are tkd? Would be interested in this on mine!

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 18042
View attachment 18044
View attachment 18043
View attachment 18045
looks stunning. Can I ask how the ppf looks? Any evidence it’s there? I want to protect the paint but every ppf I’ve seen looks very obvious, not wrapped around edges, cut marks, an obvious alteration to the paint finish compared too other panels

·
Registered
65 Posts
looks stunning. Can I ask how the ppf looks? Any evidence it’s there? I want to protect the paint but every ppf I’ve seen looks very obvious, not wrapped around edges, cut marks, an obvious alteration to the paint finish compared too other panels
Can't comment for other installers - but there are some panels you can see the film on and others you can't. If they don't alter the pattern to hide the edges where possible it'll be more obvious. I've seen high end cars done by high end installers where you can still see some edges. At the end of the day it's a sacrificial layer to protect the paint - not aimed so much at enhancement.

If you want the finish go with a high end ceramic rather than PPF....

Reactions: Winrya

·
Registered
22 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday. Its blown my socks off. Had plenty of nice cars but I’ve never driven a vehicle that has got so much attention. Everyone is giving me a thumbs up and nods of approval, neighbours coming over for a look. Feels like a real muscle car, lovely noise, stunning interior and like everyone says, the way it looks in the metal seems to be so much better than in photos. Also what I thought was interesting, dealer said 4 m240’s arrived together, all 4 were pro pack cars and mine was the only one with the m technology cooling pack and my brakes were much bigger than the other cars. They feels mega so far!!

spec:
Brooklyn grey
Pro pack
Tech Pack
M tech pack
Adaptive suspension
Silver dash trim
comfort pack

Fitted today
M performance spoiler
Black m240 badge
Black m badges
Floating centre wheel badges
M valve caps
M projector lights
Carbon steering wheel trim

feel like I’ve missed something

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Wheel Car Vehicle Speedometer Plant

41 - 54 of 54 Posts