Baby BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone gone for the blue? I saw a 220i and it looked lovely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's mine down in Dorset today, at Hardy's memorial, having just clocked up 1,200 miles. Now the running in is done the revs can start to climb a little more. After a week I now have no doubts - the 240i suits me just fine. Has anyone else with the Brooklyn Grey noticed how the colour morphs from pale grey to a pale sort of blue depending on the quality of the light? In direct sunlight I hardly recognised the car when I turned round and saw it. Fortunately I rather like the blue too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,470 Posts
These all look great, but I wish BMW would offer those lower skirts in body colour - would make the car look a lot better, and lower IMO. It really makes them all look like 4x4s! :oops:

Reactions: BluesHead

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,470 Posts
Nothing wrong with that plate as long as you don't mind looking like a complete chav. The car is ruined IMO - not to mention illegal. Seriously OP, you might be young and think it's cool but to anyone with a little class and IQ above 80 you look like a n0b.

I'm not talking about the numbers and letters. The raised lettering. Oh dear. Car ruined.
How has the car been ruined? It's just a number plate, that you don't even look at when driving it. Who cares what other people think. I'm 48 and drive my car far too quickly, with a very loud intake letting off huge BOV type noises - I DGAF what people think. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Let's put another way. When houses are burgled and cars stolen (like mine), the first thing that happens is a 'Mickey mouse' plate is put on; a plate that, if it wasn't for the number of other illegal plates on the road, the police would spot. This would make it more difficult for thieves. Unfortunately lots of people think it's more important to have some vain, chavy, plate and they're too important to bother about the law. You might have noticed it's my bugbear. :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Let's put another way. When houses are burgled and cars stolen (like mine), the first thing that happens is a 'Mickey mouse' plate is put on; a plate that, if it wasn't for the number of other illegal plates on the road, the police would spot. This would make it more difficult for thieves. Unfortunately lots of people think it's more important to have some vain, chavy, plate and they're too important to bother about the law. You might have noticed it's my bugbear. :)
Maybe so, but that doesn’t excuse the way you responded to the OP.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you go for a full PPF or just high impact areas? Hardest part is waiting for the PPF to settle before you can wash - especially as Thundernight shows every speck of dust 🤣🤣

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you go for a full PPF or just high impact areas? Hardest part is waiting for the PPF to settle before you can wash - especially as Thundernight shows every speck of dust 🤣🤣
Full front end, A pillars, front of roof, wing mirrors, side cills, rear bumper and boot. I’ll get the rest of the car done in the future….. I know what you mean but it goes back to the detailer for the first wash and they check everything has settled down with the PPF.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Had the new car delivered straight from the dealers to the detailer for a new car detail, PPF and full ceramic coating, fast forward a week or so and I finally picked it up earlier today.

View attachment 17810
Love it! That's exactly the body spec I've ordered & now I'm certain I've got it right!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love it! That's exactly the body spec I've ordered & now I'm certain I've got it right!
Thundernight is an epic colour - really really happy with it. Only drawback is that it shows dust pretty badly - when you're close to the car - not so bad from a distance though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Full front end, A pillars, front of roof, wing mirrors, side cills, rear bumper and boot. I’ll get the rest of the car done in the future….. I know what you mean but it goes back to the detailer for the first wash and they check everything has settled down with the PPF.
Mines booked in at the end of the month for it's check-up (different place to the original install, but they checked it over and only minor things need fixing). Feels like it's worth doing on these - especially the darker colours! Did you get Ceramic over the top as well?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's mine down in Dorset today, at Hardy's memorial, having just clocked up 1,200 miles. Now the running in is done the revs can start to climb a little more. After a week I now have no doubts - the 240i suits me just fine. Has anyone else with the Brooklyn Grey noticed how the colour morphs from pale grey to a pale sort of blue depending on the quality of the light? In direct sunlight I hardly recognised the car when I turned round and saw it. Fortunately I rather like the blue too.
The colour shifts definately. Pale blue, Pale green and grey. I think the grey offset by the black skirts really works, on darker coloured cars i think they should have colour coded them to match the body colour.

Reactions: andip85

·
Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Had the new car delivered straight from the dealers to the detailer for a new car detail, PPF and full ceramic coating, fast forward a week or so and I finally picked it up earlier today.

View attachment 17810
That looks epic mate!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mines booked in at the end of the month for it's check-up (different place to the original install, but they checked it over and only minor things need fixing). Feels like it's worth doing on these - especially the darker colours! Did you get Ceramic over the top as well?
Yes mate it had the full hit, all body, wheels, glass etc. I was considering going for the new Xpel PPF with the hydrophobic coating built in but the detailer said it’s slightly thinner so the protection isn’t as good, plus I’d still need to get the parts ceramic coated that weren’t covered, so went with the normal self healing stuff.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts