Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, our G42 M240i has been with us just over 6 weeks now and it has definitely hooked its way into a permanent fixture of the garage. We'll be keeping this for a long time.

Supplied by the man himself Mr TRL Tony!

Here's my spec:
  • Brooklyn Grey
  • Cognac leather
  • Pro Pack
  • Tech Pack
  • Adaptive Suspension
  • M Tech Pack (Adds additional oil cooler, larger diameter front discs and mobility pack in the boot)

Mods so far:
  • West Forged Wheels (19x9, 19x10)
  • Milltek Exhaust (Cat-Back, OPF delete)
  • MSS Sport Adjustable Lowering Springs
  • Eventuri Intake
  • M Performance Rear Spoiler
  • TRE Carbon Fibre Interior Trim Kit (Steering Trim, Paddle Shifters, Seat Backs)

Photos from collection day:

·
Vendor
BMW M240i xDrive
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
G42 220i M Sport
9 Posts
Seeing all of you with your 240’s… 👀

220i Thundernight Metallic
  • M Sport Pro Pack
  • Electric Glass Sunroof
  • Front Lumbar Support

didn’t want/ need anything else & coming from an F40 118i it’s a world of difference. I haven’t seen any others on the road yet (based South London) but keen to see other specs appear.

beyond happy with it. Very few will be disappointed.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Lovely Josh, you lucky bugger, glad you ditched the F40! ;)

Why is the front plate off?

·
Registered
G42 220i M Sport
9 Posts
Lovely Josh, you lucky bugger, glad you ditched the F40! ;)

Why is the front plate off?
Thanks Simon! I ditched the F40 only due to a) poor fuel economy and b) I was offered nearly £4K over asking to trade it in.

front plate- Berry BMW were kind enough to make up & put my private plate on for me on collection day but I like the 3D gel resin look - looks better without the plate though eh?!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
front plate- Berry BMW were kind enough to make up & put my private plate on for me on collection day but I like the 3D gel resin look - looks better without the plate though eh?!
I don't know about them being kind to you Josh, they charged you for that!

·
Registered
327 Posts
why do people buy such cheap plates? to most people the car will look like an 04 car. just to try say a name or initial. its madness

·
Registered
G42 220i M Sport
9 Posts
I read that plate as Josh?
why do people buy such cheap plates? to most people the car will look like an 04 car. just to try say a name or initial. its madness
I’m sorry this upsets you so much - people buy them because they want them & don’t really care if people mistake their brand new car for an 04 car, which is a pretty dense assumption, unless their cognitive function is pretty low.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Each to their own, if a personal number plate is what they want, why should it bother you?

Reactions: andip85

·
Registered
164 Posts
Even if it did look like an '04 car to Joe Bloggs, what would be wrong with that? Cars are for one's own satisfaction, not as a status symbol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I bought my plate so that my car (and bike) isn't a year old after 6 months.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I bought my plate so that my car (and bike) isn't a year old after 6 months.
Same… my F40 is coming up on 3 years old now, but the plate hides this.

The only thing that gives away the age of my car is the spec, most of which is not currently available due to parts shortages.

·
Registered
327 Posts
which is fine, but i mean peoplespend 40-50k on a car to then use a plate which is probably £150 on plates4less to kind of show the name but making it have DT04 or whatever. we know cars but most dont and will just see the 04 plate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
which is fine, but i mean peoplespend 40-50k on a car to then use a plate which is probably £150 on plates4less to kind of show the name but making it have DT04 or whatever. we know cars but most dont and will just see the 04 plate.
I'd see that as a good thing personally...But as above each to their own. Can totally see why some people would question putting a plate on that makes their car older though.

I do agree there are some tenuous plates out there though.. "BOB" becomes 80 <some letters/numbers>B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts