Baby BMW Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Yes! I have adaptive and it was very easy to adjust, its so much better now. Default was so low I even asked the dealer to check/re-adjust according to spec and it was still low.

· Registered
76 Posts
rs990 said:
If you have not already done it, try adjusting the beam slightly upwards -
I have had to do this on my last 3 BMWs, they aim far too low from the factory. Make sure you make small adjustments, if you go too far you will be dazzling oncoming traffic. From memory, I think that my last two cars needed half a turn of the screw, and my E90 needed 1.5 turns (though those halogen candles could not have dazzled anyone!)
I think you hit the nail on the head because high beam the LED´s are amazing in my opinion but low beam they just seem to be pointed down too much.
I also heard Joe Achilles say that the Adaptive Headlights actually aim a little bit higher which is interesting.

· Registered
126 Posts
bigfellas_dad said:
Over the weekend I adjusted my headlights, giving 180deg anti-clockwise turn with a 6mm alan key, this has certainly improved the lights and im quite happy to leave them alone now. Thanks for the tips.
Thanks for the advice on which direction to twist and how much. Had exactly the same on my new car thinking that the lights could / should be better, so made the same 180 degree adjustment earlier and tested just now, and I think pretty much spot on :)

Doesn't look like high enough to annoy oncoming traffic or cars ahead (no one flashed at least), but much better distance lit up on the road ahead.

Appreciate the heads up.

· Registered
178 Posts
Jonnybravo said:
the 1er has poverty spec adaptive lights, the 2er has the proper spec leds
I had adaptive Xenon on my previous F30 (voodoo lights as many called them) and have to say they were fantastic on country roads, filtering around oncoming and following cars, even throwing more light ahead for the car you were following.

Had they been available on the F20 would have had them again, but after doing my homework, also discovered that "adaptive" on the F20 were poverty spec, so didn't bother.

· Registered
11 Posts
Was wondering what you guys think to them ? Can't help feeling when driving this car at night that the led headlights just don't seem bright enough into the distance compared to my previous m135 without led headlights . My m140 has the standard headlights.
I honestly couldn't agree more. I've had my 2019 M140i for 2 months now. The LED headlights simply aren't good enough on dipped beam. As soon as there's something coming the other way, I can't see a thing! I cannot figure out a way of changing them up for brighter versions either??

· Registered
12 Posts
I honestly couldn't agree more. I've had my 2019 M140i for 2 months now. The LED headlights simply aren't good enough on dipped beam. As soon as there's something coming the other way, I can't see a thing! I cannot figure out a way of changing them up for brighter versions either??
I've done quite a bit of googling and no upgrade options are available! Seem so dull.

· Registered
12 Posts
It's madness. I got to the point in the bad weather tonight that I was doing that "old man" thing of really slowing down and looking like a right idiot. I'm a confident driver and have driven all my career. Time to get in touch with BMW I think!!
Please let me know what they say. I have a feeling there just dull in general as there not even powerful enough to have a washer.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts