Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leased 128ti coming in a few weeks (if they stick to their word!) after a wait of roughly 10 months.

Can't wait to get the car but one thing in the back of my mind is that I believe they don't sound particularly impressive. I don't want a raging boy racer sound by any means but a bit of a growl would be nice. Obviously with it being a lease I feel very limited in how I can improve the sound, and I'm definitely on a tight budget, but would love to hear any opinions on what could be done!?

Also would like to Plastidip the badges in black (and obviously change back to silver before returning the car) and wanted to know if this can be done easily enough?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Worth checking the terms of your leasing arrangement but the one we have for my wife's Peugeot requires us to get permission from the leasing company before making any modifications at all.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Worth checking the terms of your leasing arrangement but the one we have for my wife's Peugeot requires us to get permission from the leasing company before making any modifications at all.
Second that. As the vehicle is not yours, you can’t really modify it. There is a caveat of course. You can but if they find out, they’ll probably make you pay for the car outright. Not telling you not to do it. Just tread very carefully :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree with Bob and lbo6x. Modding a car you don’t own is high risk. It could also invalidate your insurance if you were unfortunate enough to be in an accident. The insurance loss adjusters would check with the lease co. to see if they’d given permission for the mods, and when told no could invalidate your insurance and refuse to pay any claims.

·
Super Moderator
65,175 Posts
You can do whatever you want like to it, provided you get written permission from the owner in advance. Mods can invalidate the warranty though, food for thought.

An open cone air intake normally makes lots of racket, and shouldn’t lose you too much power (through heat soak) whilst you’re on the move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts