Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are ppf kits available for the dials , when applied no scratches are visible , I think autoid sell them and other companies too , they scratch so easily even with a micro fibre cloth

Reactions: nox666

·
Registered
389 Posts
Also interested to see the results of the film, mine also look terrible in the sunlight. Did you order the gloss or the matte finish? My only reservation is how fiddly it would be to fit.

·
Registered
2018 BMW M140i & 2009 Mini Cooper S R57.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also interested to see the results of the film, mine also look terrible in the sunlight. Did you order the gloss or the matte finish? My only reservation is how fiddly it would be to fit.
Sure, I will post before and afters on this thread. I ordered gloss as it looked better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, as promised. Arrived and applied yesterday. Followed instructions, tried to get as much air bubbles out as possible. As the instructions said, you can never get them all out and they wiill come out by themselves over a period of a week. I will make a post for each day.
These are the before pics:

White Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel

Automotive lighting Automotive design Gauge Motor vehicle Watch

Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Gauge Vehicle

Watch Automotive lighting Black Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge Hood

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Font

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So at this point I don't know if I didn't get enough bubbles out but I spent 30 mins doing it or if they will just disappear as they claim. I have emailed them. Will keep you all posted. I think if it didnt have the bubbles it looks amazing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Response from IPPS below. So I will update you guys in 2 weeks.

"Great to hear the order arrived and you’ve installed it!

Yes, this is completely normal, there is maybe more slip solution left under the film than I’d ideally like, however, it will dissipate - it’s very common with PPF, especially in tight to reach areas where it is practically impossible to remove all the fluid.

But rest assured, it will dissipate over the next 2-3 weeks.

Patience is key in this case!"

·
Registered
389 Posts
Glad you posted this, thanks for letting us all know. Initially I was going to go gloss too but I think after seeing yours I’d prefer the matte finish. My worry was exactly what you are experiencing, air bubbles! But if they say they will work their way out we will have to wait and see what the proper finished result is.

Keep us posted!

Reactions: nox666

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad you posted this, thanks for letting us all know. Initially I was going to go gloss too but I think after seeing yours I’d prefer the matte finish. My worry was exactly what you are experiencing, air bubbles! But if they say they will work their way out we will have to wait and see what the proper finished result is.

Keep us posted!
I will keep you guys posted. I quite like the gloss personally. Once I see past the bubbles, the dash looks very sharp and bright now. Almost like more alive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can’t even install a screen protector on my phone without getting bubbles that last forever. No chance I’d be able to install that correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iam the same as you. This is very different. You spray it with a solution first. So it's not sticky. You can move , re-apply, re-spray until you are happy with it. If I can do it, you can too. Also if they are right and those bubbles disappear it's a non issue. Will see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts