Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, im booked in to have a set of KW V3's fitted on the 16th of August.

Current set up on the front is;
F80 LCA's
F80 Torsion Struts
245/35/18 on a 8J et 45 wheel.

I have no scrubbing on the front but from feedback of others, I feel like im gonna be catching the collar on the damper, as the current set up is very close to the front strut.

Can anyone comment if they've had a similar set up, did it work, did you need to use a spacer? How much camber?

I don't have camber top mounts/plates to fit, but I do have the powerflex camber correction bushes if needed (although i doubt these will make much difference).

Thanks, Kenz.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm running 255/35/18 ET40 8.5J with LCA+TS on Billy B16's at standard geo. It's close to the strut but doesn't catch.
You might be ok, depends if the tubes of the KWs are thicker than the OEM struts, but probably a wise idea to have a 5mm spacer handy in case.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm running 255/35/18 ET40 8.5J with LCA+TS on Billy B16's at standard geo. It's close to the strut but doesn't catch.
You might be ok, depends if the tubes of the KWs are thicker than the OEM struts, but probably a wise idea to have a 5mm spacer handy in case.
How on earth are you not catching on that?

I got told id have zero chance of not catching with LCA/TS with my current wheels/tyres which are

245/35 8.5j

So how do you not scrub with 255 and LCA/TS

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was running +3mm spacer on the front but was getting some contact on the front wing, where it transitions to the bumper due to extra castor, under long compressions at Nurburgring last weekend, so removed them and raise the suspension up a little. No contact on the strut at all.

Interestingly, my contact seems to always be the nearside front.

B16's are slightly narrower tube compared to the OEM adaptive struts.

Running Goodyear EF1 Super Sports.

Camber plates to go on, crank on the camber and drop the front back down.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Considering going down the KW route but street comfort for me as I don’t want suspension any stiffer
Has the KW street comfort now been incorporated into there ST range?
The ST XTA plus 3 COILOVERS
look good value considering inflation. Full adjustability so if you or you know of someone able to do proper geometry could be worth a look

·
Registered
386 Posts
Has the KW street comfort now been incorporated into there ST range?
The ST XTA plus 3 COILOVERS
look good value considering inflation. Full adjustability so if you or you know of someone able to do proper geometry could be worth a look
honestly no idea. this is the one I am considering at the moment

·
Registered
285 Posts
honestly no idea. this is the one I am considering at the moment

Looks good, I’m sure your aware but just in case mate- check with the supplier that the rebound adjustment on the rear isn’t at the top of the dampers otherwise you will have to remove the damper to make adjustments. (The supplied picture on there site doesn’t appear to have rebound adjustment)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks good, I’m sure your aware but just in case mate- check with the supplier that the rebound adjustment on the rear isn’t at the top of the dampers otherwise you will have to remove the damper to make adjustments. (The supplied picture on there site doesn’t appear to have rebound adjustment)
Im not actually so thank you for that! Will keep this in mind when arranging installation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts