• Other option not mentioned

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As title mentioned, I messed up big time and kerbed one the alloys. How much would it roughly cost to refurb or does a powder coating cover the kerb marks. I was looking on ebay for similar wheel and its about £150.

I suppose i can live without it as in future if I do part exchange/sell car, dealership would probably find it cheaper for someone to do.

What would you do?

Car is about 3 years old and I have not kerbed a wheel since my first car which is a sh*t .

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
ok kkk this is toally fixable, depending on the shop, I'm in Canada and it's about $50 a wheel, my detailer did it, looks perfect
OR you can sand it down a bit and put some rimblades on it to cover it up
I have the self same diamond cut wheels on my 2er

Hi,

As title mentioned, I messed up big time and kerbed one the alloys. How much would it roughly cost to refurb or does a powder coating cover the kerb marks. I was looking on ebay for similar wheel and its about £150.

I suppose i can live without it as in future if I do part exchange/sell car, dealership would probably find it cheaper for someone to do.

What would you do?

Car is about 3 years old and I have not kerbed a wheel since my first car which is a sh*t .

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have had bad kerb rash refurbished by my local BMW dealer for £90 and only last month, by my local independent wheel/tyre shop for £90 (this is per wheel). I'm sure you can get it done cheaper, but earlier work done by both has lasted well, so I'm happy to pay the premium.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I personally couldn't live with it as it would remind me of my own stupidity every time I see it. Had a similar issue last year. Cost for quality diamond cut refurb was £150 per wheel. Cost of 4 wheels powder coated was £300. So for me a no brainer considering that diamond cut will typically start corroding at 5/6 years old anyway and there is only so many times you can recut them. And then if it happens again you can repowder coat a wheel for £75.

Reactions: nazali

·
Registered
246 Posts
LOL same here, the rimblades hid the damage

I personally couldn't live with it as it would remind me of my own stupidity every time I see it. Had a similar issue last year. Cost for quality diamond cut refurb was £150 per wheel. Cost of 4 wheels powder coated was £300. So for me a no brainer considering that diamond cut will typically start corroding at 5/6 years old anyway and there is only so many times you can recut them. And then if it happens again you can repowder coat a wheel for £75.

Reactions: nickfrog

·
Registered
246 Posts
this is a starting point, convert the Can$ into UK, dealer price is maximum you would pay,
TBH prices are not really relevant what the OP really needs is a referral
If I pay £$50 and the job is good then what, if I pay $£100 and the job is garbage then what.
How much is the OP willing to pay,
what does the OP consider too expensive, asking for prices on the internet is an exercise in futility, for the very reason you state. The web is now international.
You can get a good "feeling" with ballpark figures, 50bucks, 70 or 80 pounds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts