Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for really simple easy to use wax that lasts a few months and is easy to apply. Wax on - Wax off Karate Kid style :)

I'm using Bit Hamber double speed but for me it takes too long to apply and remove - an hour+ and quite a lot of polishing off. And I'm not sure it lasts more than half a dozen washes.

I also use Autoglym rapid aqua wax which is definately easy to use but lasts maybe 2 washes.

What do you recommend easy to apply, easy to polish off, last a few months/a dozen washes?

·
Administrator
4,029 Posts
Dodo Juice's Supernatural wax or one of its tinted brethren. I use Black Widow and it lasts 4-5 months or so when being washed (safely) every week or two. I apply it with a DA but it buffs off nicely.

Hydro2 Lite as a rinse/drying aid keeps the beads going.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I take it when you say "wax" you are including sealants. Many last longer than wax and are easier to apply and remove. If you don't enjoy "waxing" too much then Brilliant Shine Detailer may suit. It's probably classed more as a sealant than a detailer and can be use after washing and drying but many apply it to a slightly wet car as it's really easy to remove and acts like a drying aid. I have seen durability quoted up three months but regardless, it's so easy and quick, you can apply a coat once a month and get a fresh shine unlike a wax which loses shine over time even if it's still protecting. Just something to ponder over. 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts