Baby BMW Forum banner

Just bought myself a 123D!

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  TCR94 
#1 ·
Hi guys, well today has been awesome! I've been to do a deal and put a deposit on this...

She's a 123D MSport with quite a few Performance Parts, the ones I've noticed so far:
•Brake Kit front and rear,
•Rear Spoiler,
•Front Splitters,
•Engine Strut Brace,
•Performance Front Bumper.

Overall she's really clean and the previous owner was obviously an enthusiast, she's got LCI rear lights and a Milltek Exhaust and also she's got Full BMW history which is nice. There's a few things that I want to do but I'll create a build thread for that and upload better photos once I've picked her up next weekend.

See less See more
#3 ·
Cheers, just counting the days till I can pick her up!

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I'm just going to give it a good clean and have a few things sorted out paint wise then go from there. I'm going to get it remapped then possible lower it slightly then put on some spacers or change the wheels completely I'm unsure yet.

#9 ·
Very nice! Lucky to get one with BMW Performance brakes, i just bought the whole kit for my 123D coupe and looking at yours i can't wait to get them on! Welcome and good luck :)

#12 ·
No she's not remapped... YET!!! I'm gong to once I started getting bored of it so in around 6 months! :lol2:

#13 ·
TCR94 said:
No she's not remapped... YET!!! I'm gong to once I started getting bored of it so in around 6 months! :lol2:
Best course of action really. I waited a year until I remapped mine, and it was completely worth the wait. You will appreciate the difference a lot more... and the standard 123d is already a handful to get used to

#14 ·
jgalea324 said:
TCR94 said:
Best course of action really. I waited a year until I remapped mine, and it was completely worth the wait. You will appreciate the difference a lot more... and the standard 123d is already a handful to get used to
The power seem progressive when I test drove it, which I like as I bought it to be a mile muncher. But coming from a Clio 182 it does seems a bit sedate, I'll see how I get on with it in standard guise it maybe remapped sooner than I think!

#15 ·
Well I went and collected her last night and drove home the 68miles and wow what a car! It just seems to do everything well, rides so comfy and the power just never seems to run out! Anyway I'll start a build thread and get some better photos on next week once I've given her a good clean.

#18 ·
rob180bhp said:
And please take some advice and ignore bmw service intervals, lower them to 10k maximum and enjoy a long healthy bmw

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Cheers, yeah I'm going to it doesn't cost a lot to keep on top of oil changes but does cost a lot when something goes wrong!

Blackbmw120d said:
Did the previous owner state it hadn't been mapped :?:
Not what I know of, it certainly doesn't feel like it's been mapped!

#21 ·
DannyMr said:
Best of luck with her.

You got in just before me :bigsmile:

Im traveling to the UK on Friday to hopefully purchase one.

All the best.
Where are you from then?

#24 ·
So after a while of owning my 123D I've absolutely fallen in love with her! I haven't done much except clean her every weekend and do the tablet install as I needed sat nav. However Ive noticed that the oil was just under MAX on the dip stick so now I'm trying to work out what oil I need. My car is a early 2008 so by my reckoning it should use 10w60 due to the early engine design. So to be 100% sure I checked what BMW used when she went for her last service the day before I pick her up and they used 0w30 LL04, does that mean they used the wrong oil? If so do I need to get it changed ASAP before it does any damaged?

#25 ·
TCR94 said:
So after a while of owning my 123D I've absolutely fallen in love with her! I haven't done much except clean her every weekend and do the tablet install as I needed sat nav. However Ive noticed that the oil was just under MAX on the dip stick so now I'm trying to work out what oil I need. My car is a early 2008 so by my reckoning it should use 10w60 due to the early engine design. So to be 100% sure I checked what BMW used when she went for her last service the day before I pick her up and they used 0w30 LL04, does that mean they used the wrong oil? If so do I need to get it changed ASAP before it does any damaged?
If that's what BMW used, it will be fine. Same goes for my 58 plate 123D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.