Baby BMW Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Shagga_P said:
I am a bit surprised at how many people on here are willing to waste their own time trying to get these guys busted.

Yes, they're a bunch of jackwagons, but I'm not the police and they're not interfering in my life so I see no reason to spend my time interfering in theirs.
Other people have a different level of social conscience. These 'influencers' are publically glamourizing this 'F*** the rules of the road and everyone else on it, I'll drive like it is my own personal playground' style of 'driving'. When they themselves, or any one of the many people who idolize them and mimic their behavior end up having their luck run out and taking out any number of unlucky bystanders/other road users in their crash, then maybe the reason that others are concerned with this 'youtube influencers' current activities will become more obvious. 'Live and let live' would be harder to stomach if it were one of your own loved ones who gets caught in the wreckage of one of these character's eventual failure of luck. Just a thought.

·
Registered
327 Posts
MSM said:
Shagga_P said:
I am a bit surprised at how many people on here are willing to waste their own time trying to get these guys busted.

Yes, they're a bunch of jackwagons, but I'm not the police and they're not interfering in my life so I see no reason to spend my time interfering in theirs.
Other people have a different level of social conscience. These 'influencers' are publically glamourizing this 'F*** the rules of the road and everyone else on it, I'll drive like it is my own personal playground' style of 'driving'. When they themselves, or any one of the many people who idolize them and mimic their behavior end up having their luck run out and taking out any number of unlucky bystanders/other road users in their crash, then maybe the reason that others are concerned with this 'youtube influencers' current activities will become more obvious. 'Live and let live' would be harder to stomach if it were one of your own loved ones who gets caught in the wreckage of one of these character's eventual failure of luck. Just a thought.
Well said, 100% agree with this. Look at the comments and you will see how many people think that this is ok to do on public roads.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

·
Registered
402 Posts
MSM said:
Shagga_P said:

That's like the argument that video games make players kill people.

Do videos like this perhaps influence the way some people drive? Sure. So does top gear or the fast and the furious or numerous other movies and tv shows.

Idiots not knowing their limits and not being smart about where they 'enjoy' their car is dumb. But as far as we know no one was actually harmed in their video, apart from those that watched it! Maybe they'll get to the track and learn how to drive? Maybe they'll crash one day. Maybe they won't.

All I know is natural selection or karma tends to intervene at some point, or they just grow up.

I'm sure everyone here has enjoyed their car on a public road in a way that other people would consider 'dangerous' as well as in breach of a road rule or two (speeding?).

I say this as I see very few people take their cars to track days, so if they're exploring the handling limits and power they're doing it on public roads. And if they're not, then why not buy a base model 118 or whatever.

Anyway, I agree that these guys are complete morons and have no driving skill and questionable judgment in general. But it's not my job to judge them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Video games, movies and tv series are fairly universally understood as being fictional/entertainment.

YouTube showing these people doing these things on real roads putting real bystanders at risk is clearly not the same as the aforementioned fictional entertainments.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
sounds like a really good character, glad he is away for a decent amount of time.

Maybe the other "vloggers" who supported him and promoted him should remove all their videos

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,409 Posts
Good, no room for bell ends like him on this planet, just a shame he will be out so soon and will totally ignore the ban. 😢

Sadly, I found my 15 y/o son watching Certi Drivers on YouTube last week and had to educate him on how bad they are as drivers and people. I'll show him this tonight as well.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,409 Posts
The Certi channel has been emptied now also, thank god!!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts