Baby BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
65,180 Posts
Dizeee said:
I have made a call
What location did you give during your phone call? We'll all do the same for consistency.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,409 Posts
It's defo Yorkshire, both Leeds & Bradford. I think they mention Birmingham as that's where the 140 owner comes from.

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,409 Posts
Sidnancy said:
OneTwenty said:
Makes you not want to be a petrolhead sometimes, stuff like this. :(
This. I thought exactly the same thing when I watched that video. I did watch most of it too. My theory is the more publicity it gets, the faster it gets shut down/individuals involved arrested.

I love a spirited drive as much as the next bloke but that video is insanity. Drifting 5 up in a built up area. Seriously excessive speed. Dodgy overtakes.

What on earth goes through these guys minds?
Apart from his rubbish driving skills and too much speed, the first bit on the open country roads isn't terrible. But when he gets in to built up areas with people & traffic it's cringeworthy for the danger aspect of it. :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
OneTwenty said:
It's defo Yorkshire, both Leeds & Bradford. I think they mention Birmingham as that's where the 140 owner comes from.
Yep, if you look right at the start at the traffic lights the road sign is 'Roundhay Park Lane' which is Leeds, quick Street view and you can get the same view as in the car.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I called crimestoppers citing Birmingham but that was before watching loads of the content. When I get a chance I will try and collate some locations and then we can pinpoint. If your going to call specific constabularies you need to evidence the location.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well im not going to lie i wasn't going to watch it .
That type of video are not something i can stand, but curiosity got the better of me and i have to say ive not watched much worse than that .
Ive been to the aftermath many times but wow that was horrendous "driving"
Not going to say anymore about that but having tried to read the signs etc i do think its leeds area
Im pretty sure the brown signs showed up harewood house and temple newsham both in leeds area and add the airport sign it all adds up .

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,409 Posts
M1 goes up that way. Their accents are finest Leeds/Bradford. The roads are around Leeds, Tadcaster, Harewood House, Boston Spa and towards York. I know all those routes well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I thought Bradford.

I'd be willing to bet there's not a road sign in England that lists Bradford and Birmingham.

Shocking video with even worse driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
This starts in north leeds and heads east to sherburn in elmet on coldhill lane then right onto b1222 towards squires cafe. Then on to old a1 a63 towards garforth up on to selby road heading towards leeds ring road a6120 westbound north leeds towards bradford where i suspect they may reside.

Some of this driving take place in North Yorkshire and im sure the police have a webpage to report inappropriate driving.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just post the link to the speed,plod&law forum on pistonheads. I'm sure there's some people there who would have some more ideas how to report it, or even just more people to report it through the same channels might get noticed more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OneTwenty said:
M1 goes up that way. Their accents are finest Leeds/Bradford. The roads are around Leeds, Tadcaster, Harewood House, Boston Spa and towards York. I know all those routes well.
I only really watched the bit on the country lanes close to the start, I found the residential footage a bit too hard to watch but that particular bit of B-Road I know well. It's Copley Lane off the B1217 round the back of Lotherton Hall, continuing onto Coldhill Lane which comes out at Sherburn In Elmet.

Don't get me wrong I love having a blast along that road myself but still with my brain engaged. His ambition definitely outweighed his talent that's for sure.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Absolute scum. Hopefully they'll roll into a field when they're "5 man up" ending in a ball of flames.
4.58 says it all, nearly took out that biker. Driving like they are the only road user. Selfish selfish pig attitude. Seen the sort of guys that go round stealing cars to be honest

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Not wishing to publicise these dipsticks even more but there's a disclaimer on one of their other vids to say the whole sequence has been speeded up, blah, blah, blah.

What a load of :censored: :censored: although I have to say, based on the language being used on the video (no idea what it is), the translation for the disclaimer is actually moderately acceptable even though it is 100% bull$hit. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm sure these 2 idiots have posted other videos of performance cars being driven like couple of half wits ...I'm sure we might have all done the traffic light sprint ...but thse doughnuts want banning permanently before they kill some one hopefully just themselves...

·
Registered
19 Posts
An odd inability to decide between using the stick or the paddles, impeccable lack of understanding of turbo engine power delivery, hilarious definitions of "sick drift bruv" and an unmeasurable amount of weight transfer awareness.

Dude will end up in a field soon I imagine

Is it a thing to fit M4 rear control arms but not the fronts? Seems a weird choice to me

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Update : Arrest made, believed to be the driver. Third hand info so not sure of exact circs, but the update is direct from West Mids Police so is genuine.

Will update when I know more, but at least action taken for now.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts