Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Guildford on saturday and saw a agent selling this item, i been on about getting a parrott, but with the cost of the connects2 ect didnt bother, so on to this the ioplay, this has got to be the answer to all the ipod/bluetooth in the 1er, its so easy/simple, i couldnt belive it, i havent got one yet this was only last sat, buit sure as hell going to get it, very simple to install, the ipod works via a bluetooth adaptor this is extra!" £30 i think, but the ioply is a music system with a built in amp so sound is far greater than any other, mutes the radio, only downside is that i hasent got a screen, take alook a few for sale on ebay ...around £85.00 all in less the ipod dongle thingeeeee :lol:

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
well i was talking to the guy in guildford and he tells me that most car audio companys supply and fit for £150, but i have also been told its so easy to do your- self! it will be so much better than the parrott evo, as its a ipod/iphone player aswell as a handsfree bluetooth.. :wink:
will keep you updated!

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Order now placed, will recieve in a few days, will keep you updated on how it all works, i had to purchase a sot lead, £13.99 sot 976
i ended up getting the ioplay for £60:00 and also came with the ipod connector brand new in the box from ebay! :spotman:

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stream Music from any of your portable devices wirelessly into all your existing vehicle speakers using Bluetooth® technology.
Simultaneously make and receive phone calls while streaming music from a 2nd portable device.
Make your journey more exciting with excellent sound quality and performance, using the iO Class D Amplifier technology. This amplifier is very efficient and designed specifically for Music playback and Automotive application.
Easy to use iO PLAY control console, which can be mounted anywhere in your vehicle.
Innovative Design that will easily fit your vehicle and its audio system.
Enjoy auto-connect when you enter your vehicle by storing up to 5 portable devices in iO PLAY memory.
All your connected audio managed the way you need it to be with iO AudioSense Technology. (Patent Pending Technology)
Intensify your wireless experience and make a device Bluetooth® with the iO Bluetooth® Adaptor (Optional Accessories; iPod/ iPhone Bluetooth® Adaptor (p/n: iO-BTAPOD) & 3.5mm Bluetooth® Adaptor (p/n: iO-BTA3-5).

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi gotcha,

Did you manage to fit ok? Has it worked out an ok alternative to the parrot? I am thinking of getting one so would appreciate your feedback.
Cheers

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Monkey
no i didnt fit it in the end, i got a parrot ls3200 fitted, but i still think the ioplay was a better option,

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah I think it looks a good option but not heard anyone that has one. How's the parrot? That's also one of the options. Anyone else who has fitted the io play would love to hear your feedback. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having an iO Play installed tomorrow by a company my office uses. Have the kit currently and all seems OK. Have test fitted a few bits (microphone and control console) to here i would like them fitting - Microphone in OEM position and Console in the ash tray as i dont use it and it can be hidden when not in use.

If you want a review when its installed along with pictures I'll do it tomorrow afternoon, fittings booked in at 13:00hrs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cheers that would be great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would be very interested in a review too. This maybe a better alternative to the parrot...
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Evening all, well the iO Play is installed, but it's being removed ASAP (hopefully Monday if I can get it booked tomorrow!).

Right, guess I should explain why now. Tv iO is great, the sound it produces and ease of use is fantastic - only real downer is the fact it doesn't recognize the under seat woofers! Problem is, if like me, you have the iPod /USB connection in the glove box, the iO Play doessnt like it so you will loose all audio from it! Thought it might just be a flat iPod battery it's used all the to e when I'm driving, so used my iPhone with the aid input under the armrest and guess what, no audio. Have spoken with the fitters and the head fitter for the midlands and they are baffled. Data transfers, can see my iPods songs and scroll through them, just can't hear them. Fitters have said I can have the unit removed and a refund so that's what I'm going to do. Kind of feel bad though as it took nearly 2hours to fit - wasn't much space behind the head unit in my 1er!

So, if you've just got the head unity and don't really mind about the loss of your aux socket, I would strongly recomend the iO Play fir it wirelessness. If you have anything else - iPod / USB, USB or cd changer steer well clear as you'll loose them!

Sorry there's no pictures, am posting this from my iPhone and pictures are on my camera.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.