Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm worried that I may have OCD.......... :screwy:

Lots more not shown too, like the pressure washer, Gilmour foam gun, more cloths, wash mitts, drying towels, applicator pads, 2 buckets and trats to carry it all in!

Haven't used half of it either!

Next on my list is a rotary polisher, maybe a Megs G220 and some 303 aerospace protectant if I play my cards right! :D

I'll get my coat.............. or should that be anorak!?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aevans said:
haha :lol: , is this actually where you keep it all too?
Hi aevans, God no! I hide it all from the wife in a cupboard under the stairs which she will not go into because of spiders!
:D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
andysat said:
Wow how often do you bathe your baby?
Hi andysat, every 2 weeks she gets a good wash.

Just given the car a good once over which is usually every 6 months

Cleaned wheels with Megs Wheel Brightner
Rinsed
Pre-soak the whole car using Megs shampoo Plus and Super Snow Foam using the Gilmour
Rinse
Another soak with the gilmour
Rinse
Dried with Sonus Der Wunder drying towel
Removed Tar
Clayed with Bilt and Hamber AutoClay
Cleansed with Megs Step 1
Light polish with Megs step 2
1 coat of Bilt & Hanber Autobalm to finish
1 coat of poorboy's wheel sealant.
Glass cleaned with AutoGlym glass polish.

B*****y knackered now! :sleeping:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took about 8 hours in total and all done by hand! Thats it for 6 months now so by the time I do it all again I will have a rotary so should save sime time I hope!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Is it all shadow-boarded so you know when you've not put it all back correctly, or something's missing?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
m6569 said:
Is it all shadow-boarded so you know when you've not put it all back correctly, or something's missing?
:D don't be silly ............ but good idea! :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
buts mine kit to shame :lol: though there dupicate products there i.e a few differents polishes and waxes - suppose you just use whatever you get your hands on first :D

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Never mind OCD, tminal, havent you noticed someone has stolen your 1er off your drive when you took that pic???? :roll:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mrash said:
Never mind OCD, tminal, havent you noticed someone has stolen your 1er off your drive when you took that pic???? :roll:
:D I thought there was something missing! :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
texasjohn said:
bloody hell Tony, I thought I was bad!
OK OK I'll get my coat! :roll: Taxi for tminal.......... :escape:

·
Registered
283 Posts
HA HA :lol:

We should have a competition on here as to who can find the dirtiest car, with tminal handing out punshments for serial offenders!!! :starwars:

:nono:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
gg8tcw said:
HA HA :lol:

We should have a competition on here as to who can find the dirtiest car, with tminal handing out punshments for serial offenders!!! :starwars:

:nono:
and the award goes to.....

JoHNY

BTW where is he these days?

·
Registered
38 Posts
gg8tcw said:
We should have a competition on here as to who can find the dirtiest car, with tminal handing out punshments for serial offenders!!!
Mine normally looks like this:

Speed dirt is what I call it.
We have a Z guy that cleans his car mid-run and carries a hefty supply of cleaning products for the car at all times...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gg8tcw said:
Good idea! :D Lets name and shame! :twisted:

m6569 said:
and the award goes to.....

JoHNY

BTW where is he these days?
I was wondering the same thing to be honest!? :? I know JoHNY has stated that he does not like to wash his car though!

Pilsbury said:
Speed dirt is what I call it.
We have a Z guy that cleans his car mid-run and carries a hefty supply of cleaning products for the car at all times...
Lovely motor Pilsbury!

Crikey I like a clean car but to clean it mid-run!? Does he take a pressure washer with him and own water supply? :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have to admit to doing a 6 month clean on the 1er as well......

Pre-soaked
Washed Car with Autoglym Wash
Dried with Zymol Towel
Megs Step 1 and 2
Zymol BMW Canubra Wax
Autoglym Fast Glass to all windows

Took all 4 wheels off cleaned wheel arches applied new coat laquer on callipers and hubs.

Sprayed Autoglym tyre shine on wheel arch liners and tyres.

Autoglym Wheel protectant on all 4 alloys inside and out.

Inside was vacumed, Cliptone Liquid Leather applied to seats and steering wheel, Megs NXT Tech Protectant applied to interior surfaces and Fast glass polish on all interior windows.

So Timinal cannot feel quite as sad and my other half told me I was obssesed with cleaning the car :rtfm:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not alone then! :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.