Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
You need photos with user name and date on the photos too.

Administrator
I'm sure I posted there previously. I don't think the 25 post limit kicked in on the previous site iteration.
Has been since 2017, as far as I know. See the sticky in the for sale section :)

Registered
Has been since 2017, as far as I know. See the sticky in the for sale section :)

I posted that one in 2020, and I've just recently gone past the 25 post mark 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered

I posted that one in 2020, and I've just recently gone past the 25 post mark 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Just because it worked before doesn't mean it wasn't in the rules before. There's always been issues with sale threads that aren't following the rules appearing.

Administrator
I guess you beat the system!!

There is a known issue affecting people who have >25 posts, but haven't been active since the software change; they'll need to make a single post before the section opens up (which is what affected @gregk286 above), but outside of that, as far as I know, the rule has been in place for a long time.

We're always open to feedback, if it seems 25 is too high then it can be brought down. It's there to try to keep the spam down and keep the deals for active members - not drive them away 馃憤

Registered
Sometimes I think 25 isn't enough, you can tell when someone is spamming their way to 25 with nonsense and thread resurrections so they can post a sale thread but I suppose increasing the limit just means they'll spam up the forum some more.

Administrator
Sometimes I think 25 isn't enough, you can tell when someone is spamming their way to 25 with nonsense and thread resurrections so they can post a sale thread but I suppose increasing the limit just means they'll spam up the forum some more.
The post count rule can be backed up by a time limit if need be, and apparently the classified section can be entirely hidden from people who aren't logged in and/or don't meet the criteria. If you see people spamming hit report, it'll get logged :)

A lot of the random nonsense/thread resurrection is from outright spammers who think they can edit in a link for willy pills later. Most of these edits get caught by the new software's spam filter and never see the light of day!

Administrator
I have 44 posts, it appears, but no access to the for sale section. So just posting here, as I havent posted since the software was updated to see if it will let me post
Looks like you're all good now as I see the listings, but let us know if any further issues 馃憤

1 - 16 of 16 Posts