Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Took delivery April 30th and today received control message from BMW UK to book car in to local dealer (not where I bought the car) for software update - WiFi, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Car has to be with them for a day. Getting done June 30th.

Reactions: RobbieM135i

·
Registered
43 Posts
What has been your experience using Car Play? The reason I ask is because unless I am doing something wrong, once Car Play is turned on, I can't get the car to make phone calls using the "Hey BMW please phone ..." system. The screen states, and words to the effect, this service is not available whilst Car Play active.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What has been your experience using Car Play? The reason I ask is because unless I am doing something wrong, once Car Play is turned on, I can't get the car to make phone calls using the "Hey BMW please phone ..." system. The screen states, and words to the effect, this service is not available whilst Car Play active.
I'm also trying to find some love for CarPlay, I generally leave it on the BMW system - mainly because I listen to the radio a lot. Although have now downloaded an app called RadioPlayer , which does help.

Anyway, back to you question. Have you tried "Hey Siri please phone" whilst in CarPlay, rather then "Hey BMW......"?

·
Registered
534 Posts
With regards to Waze, does anybody know how to enlarge the detail on the screen? It seems to be smaller lately for some reason.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Because when you are using CarPlay, you need to use Siri for voice interaction with your phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts