Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I got a 2005 E87 116i, yes it is a small engine, but it is for learning my kids to drive.
I have got a strange problem:
When unlocking the car, certain systems are activated, among them the HVAC system. Usually, in al my other BMW's, the procedure is that the valves are initiated and set correctly (you can hear some noise of mechanical adjustments) and then the fan start blowing air.
In this car, the flaps seem to rotate continuously, meaning that all ventilation positions will get air, then no air, then air - repeat. We hear the flaps are rotating, and you can feel the different positions are opening and closed. In practice this means that we get air to the feet, then to the chest, then to the windscreen and repeat. After a few minutes ot "gives up", and then everything works as it should, I can control fan speed, direction of air flow, temperature etc. except: The air conditioner / cooler does not work. I guess I need to check for fluids. I hear the A/C pump engages and disengages when activating by the control panel.

I have run a reset in INPA for the flaps

The system shows several error codes:
IHKA87, version 8.00, Muster-SGBD fuer PL2
Mileage 163440
Outside temp 20,50C
Temperature coolant 85.00C
Battery voltage 13.60V (These last 4 parameters are identical for all faults)

-----
Error Code: 9C49 Mixed Air Flap Right (LIN)
Engine Doesn't answer
Test conditions fulfilled
-----
Error Code: 9C4B Antifrost flap (LIN)
Defective Increment
-----
Error Code: 9C4C footwell flap (LIN)
Engine doesn't answer
-----
Error code: 9C56 temperature sensor footwell
Shortcut to Ubatt or Power break
-----
Error Code: 9C6E sun sensor
Shortcut to uBatt or power break

I have replaced the main controller unit for the HVAC, the electrical part just beside the fan system. (Someone said that was a good starting point) but with no effect.
I am thinking this is a "general" issue, and not that all the HVAC sensors has failed, maybe a common ground-cable or similar, communication wire broke?

Has anyone else had similar issues or have any idea on how to proceed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ti me, it sounds like an electrical fault, since several sensors report short circuit or similar.
Does anyone know where I can find an electrical schema or have some pointers as to where to start looking and meassuring?

Also, does anyone have drawings or DIY to find and locate the mentioned sensors and wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts