Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You're getting M-Sport suspension mixed up with adaptive suspension.

M-Sport can be passive shocks (mine is).

When you view in the iDrive, the drive train and chassis is still adjustable even with passive suspension, but without adaptive only the steering weight changes for the chassis setting.

If you have adaptive suspension the ride quality will noticeably change from a soft ride to much firmer in sport settings.

·
Super Moderator
65,173 Posts
M sport suspension is not Adaptive.

Option 2VF - Adaptiv M Suspension - Adaptives M Fahrwerk

·
Super Moderator
65,173 Posts
Kirito101 said:
marco_polo said:

Yeah I agree, however I am getting mixed with saying if the car comes with adaptive M suspension then it would have the settings (shown in picture). If it does not have adaptive M suspension then only "drivetrain" is shown
No, that's not correct.

Do you have option 2VF ?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just as an aside, if you don't have adaptive, and you don't like the heavy steering in sport, just change to drivetrain only in iDrive and it'll keep the steering light without affecting anything else (as the suspension wont change anyway).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kirito101 said:
marco_polo said:

Yeah I agree, however I am getting mixed with saying if the car comes with adaptive M suspension then it would have the settings (shown in picture). If it does not have adaptive M suspension then only "drivetrain" is shown
I only have M sport suspension and I get the menu showed in the picture.

As all have told you, the difference is that when you don't have adaptive suspension, only the steering gets a change in behavior.

What counts is the option you get when you search your VIN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.