Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, regarding my first ever BMW. I want to get that turbo flutter/dump valve sound on my diesel 118d M Sport 2007. The sound that goes stututu :lol:
Is this even possible with a diesel? Will this damage my engine N47(which I know has a reputation of being weak)? Which dump valve would be good?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, possible on any boosted intake, you just need an external wastegate, no harm done except to your wallet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You won’t be able to make the flutter sound as you don’t have a throttle body that closes
You could have a dump valve but they are not really intended for diesels and have to be electronically operated which makes them sound weird
Personaly I wouldn’t bother on a diesel and I’m not really sure why an external wastegate was recommend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Y'all wont believe this, but for the second time in 3 months i have to change out my engine. hence, this dump valve thing won't be considered as i am considering selling my beloved bmw in parts and buying a honda accord or toyota camry. Thanks for the replies though🙃

1 - 6 of 6 Posts