Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, picked up my new m135i on Dec 27th and the HK audio has hissed from day one, don't really notice much when driving but when the engine auto stops it's mor obvious.

Yesterday and this morning I got in the car and had no sound from the drivers door. First time I thought it was dodgy FM signal but this morning I was on HDD music.

I stopped the car at work and took a video for BMW as I move the balance right the sound goes just the centre audible. Lunchtime I checked it and all was normal again.

Any ideas???

The hiss is annoying but if this becomes an intermittent fault I'm getting close to demanding a refund as I'm in the 30 days consumer rights period (but I love the way it drives I just wish it wasn't a let down in this area).

Thanks.

· Registered
452 Posts
I thought mine was hissing, but listening to it more it sounds like a very small fan that is presumably cooling something down. Sounds very similar to a chipset fan on a PC or something.

Of course, yours may well be hissing, but thought I'd mention it.

· Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Definitely a speaker hiss on mine, I read maybe the synthesiser is to blame not sure if I can unplug it?

The door issue hasn't come back but I took a video to show BMW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.