Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF does it look like dealers always spec High-Gloss Black plastic interior trim?
I've seen many a used cars with HGBP trim, and yes i know some people like it particularly with non-black seats, but i still can't believe so many buyers actually specced it and did wonder if it was more dealer spec. I really does put me off and, perhaps foolishly in some instances, i've rejected a car on that basis.
Now looking at the meagre stock BMW have atm it appears it is a dealer thing as the older models where u can still spec trim colour - dash & on the dooor - are all HGBP! Why!??

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
WTF does it look like dealers always spec High-Gloss Black plastic interior trim?
I've seen many a used cars with HGBP trim, and yes i know some people like it particularly with non-black seats, but i still can't believe so many buyers actually specced it and did wonder if it was more dealer spec. I really does put me off and, perhaps foolishly in some instances, i've rejected a car on that basis.
Now looking at the meagre stock BMW have atm it appears it is a dealer thing as the older models where u can still spec trim colour - dash & on the dooor - are all HGBP! Why!??
I specced Piano Black on mine (didn't like the metalic job), but then again I haven't got kids :)

Reactions: active_ti

·
Administrator
4,025 Posts
Black goes with everything. 99% of people will see gloss black and at the very least find it inoffensive, whereas 25% of people might think the alternative silver/wood effect trim looks double naff and consider it a deal breaker.

If it's an issue, wrap it? Or skin it ;)

https://www.babybmw.net/threads/nyxeris-e81-130i.119723/post-1736880

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah wrap is considered... but even if it looks better and more durable i can't help knowing in my mind that it's covered and keep imagining it peeling! I remember covering my old school books in sticky-backed plastic :)

Anyway the aluminum trims are usually metal (except that SE Silver Satin trim) and has to be more durable - is more durable - than the fantastic plastic, yeah it all looks nice in the showroom (mostly) or online but in practice the HGBP actually looks cheap and is cheap and will reflect the sun into your eyes and will scratch easily as well as dust & fingerprint magnet.
Piano Black found on the higher series is meant to be the real deal - wood, not the plastic fake-take on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts