Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have a fault with one of my brake pad sensors on the front. Pads have around 30k miles + left on them, and I am getting repeated "replace within 1000 mile" warnings. This has now escalated and I have a "do not drive car" and warning lights displayed, but there is nothing wrong wit h the pads.

My indy used the hidden menu to reset the system and it was fine, but now all this has returned. I am booked in with them but not for 8 weeks as they book months in advance, and I don't want to pester them again. What is the button sequence to access the hidden menu so I can reset please?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hi Diz, if I remember rightly, you need to hold in the 'Reset Trip' button to access the menu.

·
Registered
207 Posts
have a quick search on google and you'll find a few youtube guides, i had to figure this out when i did the pads on my wifes car.

If i recall you will need to unlock the menus which is done by adding up the last 5 digits of your vin, once unlocked many other meu items will appear, i'm pretty sure the trip button is the only button use use, quick click to cycle through, press and hold to access a menu you're on.

If you're resetting the brake pad warnings make sure your handbrake is off... not sure if it's the same for our cars but my wifes X1 wouldn't complete the reset unless the handbrake was off.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All sorted, but warning returns straight away all the time so need to change sensors which I presume are not too expensive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah they'll be cheap enough, no more tahn £10-£20 i would have thought.... does the warning tell you which one, front or rear?

·
Registered
141 Posts
ECP should sell it similarly priced less wait. Does the warning go away once unplugged? Have you tried that

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had this exact issue. The error kept coming back even after a reset. Sensor was fine, hadn't rubbed through. Tested it by shorting the plug with a paperclip and the error went away. Put the sensor back on and it returned to not clearing.

New sensor from eBay sorted it.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My error comes back every time I reset, goes straight to full on dont drive the car mode.

No idea how to disconnect it or short it???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts