Baby BMW Forum banner

HID PROBLEMS

777 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  tomolfc1 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased some HIDS off eBay, only cheap however. Upon fitting them the lights stay in with just the ignition on, once the engine is started, the light fail to stay illuminated or one or the other will stay illuminated, if they do stay on, it's inly a short wait until they do finally turn off unexpectedly.

And help with be grateful.
Many thanks in advanced, Ben

#3 ·
No I did t think they did, my mate sent me the link, have you got HIDS yourself. If so could you send me the link to them.
Ta, Ben

#5 ·
Ok mate, so the Kit I need for a E87 needs to be canbus free?
I'm getting so confused :(

#6 ·
BMW Canbus compatible.

Please make sure you have your headlights aligned sympathetically if you're fitting these in a standard Halogen reflector headlights, I flippin' hate getting dazzled by HID kits!

And remember to keep your old halogen bits and bob's somewhere safe, as aftermarket HID will probably fail the MOT.

#8 ·
Hi I have a set which I purchased from hids direct they have a canbus ballast. But mine are in projectors not standard hologen reflector housings. But I've had no problem with them mate. They have own website and are on eBay

#9 ·
I really doubt it, it is not work fitting them although they look good and you probably think they arn't dazzling other they are, reflector headlights in our cars no matter what lights you get will dazzle if you really want HID get DEPO's at least they are designed for them

if you do insist on having them you need a canbus ballast not a cheap crap one or HID relay wiring which stops the flickering and turning off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.