Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I don't need 2 cars and going down to one, wanted a daily and something that could be as much fun as my Cooper S, the ti seems to fit the bill, so ordered one today with a delivery of early October (dealer had them queued up)

so gone for:

Misano Blue
Comfort Pack
Sun Protection Glass
Parking Assistant
Harman Kardon Sound System
Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging

Looking forward to the pick up day.

Anyone looking for a similar spec one the dealer has just received a cancellation order car, it has a pano sunroof which I wasn't interested in.

Cheers

Mickj

·
Registered
77 Posts
Decided I don't need 2 cars and going down to one, wanted a daily and something that could be as much fun as my Cooper S, the ti seems to fit the bill, so ordered one today with a delivery of early October (dealer had them queued up)

so gone for:

Misano Blue
Comfort Pack
Sun Protection Glass
Parking Assistant
Harman Kardon Sound System
Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging

Looking forward to the pick up day.

Anyone looking for a similar spec one the dealer has just received a cancellation order car, it has a pano sunroof which I wasn't interested in.

Cheers

Mickj
Just to echo last two posts, ordered a 128 back in March 2021. Was delayed 16 times and was sitting at February 2023 build until I cancelled last week. No offence but it would be a hard pill to swallow if you got yours in October. Although I wouldn’t be surprised at all, plenty of other people have received their lease orders after ordering several months after me. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks for the welcomes and replies.

1) This is not a 'wind up' post

2) I was offered a cancellation that was delivered yesterday instead of my order, same colour almost the same spec except it didn't have the wireless charging which I want and had the pano sunroof that I didn't want so I said thank you but no, so anyone looking for one Barretts BMW Canterbury has one ready to go. (If anyone is interested ask for Issac Clarke, he's very helpful)

3) I'm down in Kent (I actually live in Coventry) and just on the off chance called in at the above dealer as I hadn't seen a Ti in the flesh, they had a demo Ti which I had a test drive in and was well impressed with, they told me they have 6 on order all specc'ed up which they ordered sometime ago and was shown all of them on the repeater screen the earliest delivery being the 9th October, following day went back after contacting my hometown BMW Dealership who said they would be looking at next year for delivery, we sat down and they reconfigured the spec of 9th October delivery Ti to what I wanted, we negotiated (well the wife did she's quite good at that) a £1800 discount and the harman kardon system for £500, so lets see what happens.

Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just contacted BMW. My Oct 2021 order has now been pushed back for the 5th time. On Weds last week, the expected build start was August 8th (this week). On Friday last week it was bumped to week commencing August 22nd. On Monday, it was bumped again to week commencing August 29th. Today it has been bumped to week commencing December 5th. Seriously considering cancelling the order and asking for my deposit back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've emailed the dealer asking for a build date and have mentioned to them the delays that you guys are experiencing, I for one won't be waiting as long as you guys have before I cancel, many moons ago I ordered what was the new E46 M3 and had to wait a year for it, never again!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer. He says that all 1 Series production - not just 128ti - has been delayed until December. He says they have no idea what’s going on, that they’ve asked BMW UK and are waiting for a response.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had this sent by dealer which came them from BMW UK
Font Art Pattern Number Parallel

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well after reading that I am off back to the dealer tomorrow morning to see just how much they know about it!
Hi Mick, i ordered last October so i will be a year wait..i have watched a few pull out here..i think if they have it on the forecourt you've got it..if it's not yet built you could be waiting for the same boat as the rest.There are a few differing versions on here, but we are waiting for answers and seem to get different feedback..i spoke to genius this week, told that the factory is closed next week..so i will recontact the monday after and see what is the latest..i have seen in the past a number shunted back months only to be rescheduled to earlier build dates..however, of these i have not seen many on here built..we all got good deals a year ago so reluctant to get a more expensive forecourt version but some are definately coming through..a local dealership had one, sold immediately, they told me the order for that car was 12 months ago, if any of that helps..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad I joined this forum, have spoken to the dealership about the delays you guys are having and also about that letter from BMW UK, they said they will look into it, have told them I will now go for that cancelled order that was delivered yesterday, it has the spec I wanted except for the wireless charging and HK system but has adaptive headlights and the pano sunroof and its in the misano blue I wanted, wife just needs to get the same discount we had on the other!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All sorted, been back to the dealer who have now seen the letter from BMW UK and they showed me that dates have been pushed back and ours wasn't showing at all and they acknowledge that something is going wrong but still don't know exactly what, they did say the i4 has a delay of 12 - 18 months now which has upset a few!

I have cancelled my order and grabbed the cancellation order that has just landed and they have agreed to keep it for me until 1st September to get the new reg and honour my £32k trade in, so roll on 1st September.

Misano Blue
Comfort Pack
Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Sun Protection Glass
Front Lumber Support
Adaptive LED Headlights
High Beam Assist
Parking Assistant
Plus standard fittings

Cheers
MickJ

·
Registered
387 Posts
All sorted, been back to the dealer who have now seen the letter from BMW UK and they showed me that dates have been pushed back and ours wasn't showing at all and they acknowledge that something is going wrong but still don't know exactly what, they did say the i4 has a delay of 12 - 18 months now which has upset a few!

I have cancelled my order and grabbed the cancellation order that has just landed and they have agreed to keep it for me until 1st September to get the new reg and honour my £32k trade in, so roll on 1st September.

Misano Blue
Comfort Pack
Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Sun Protection Glass
Front Lumber Support
Adaptive LED Headlights
High Beam Assist
Parking Assistant
Plus standard fittings

Cheers
MickJ
Interesting to see how clueless dealers are as well. Not saying it’s their fault. Just the handling of the whole situation by bmw is appalling. I wonder if people ordering 8 series or among those lines are also getting the same silent treatment?…

·
Registered
71 Posts

Misano Blue
Comfort Pack
Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Sun Protection Glass
Front Lumber Support
Adaptive LED Headlights
High Beam Assist
Parking Assistant
Plus standard fittings

Cheers
MickJ
Welcome to the forum Mick. You’ve made a cracking decision, I’ve had my 128ti for just under a year (about 8 months) as a daily and to be honest it’s blown my mind. It’s the daily that hoped it would be. Things I will change such as tyres when they wear will hopefully be the icing on the cake, even with the LSD the fronts do struggle on the Bridgestones. But looking forward to you getting yours. Be sure to post some pictures!
Cheers

Shifty

1 - 20 of 52 Posts