Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 118D which was valeted today - now the seat belt warning light won't turn off despite the belt being properly applied. Valeting company is denying all knowledge!! Any ideas gratefully received.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd certainly let it dry out over night. I know that when I have shopping sitting on the front seat it can trigger the light, I'm guessing there is some sensor in the seat which is then in a circuit with the seat belt buckle. This might be wet from the valet so give a little drying time? Or check for any lose wires under the seat? Hope it works out.

regards, Kevin.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
a lose wire under the seat would be my best guess - I dislodged a cable while vacuuming in the past which has shown a similar fault

·
Registered
238 Posts
i would say its the dampness causing the circuit to be made on the sensor - triggering the alarm.
Let it dry out overnight or get some heaters going to help dry it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies. Just to update - it appears the fault is in the passenger seat sensor which 'thinks' there is someone sitting there - my local garage thinks this is due to water getting in and short circuiting the system. I'm in touch with the valet company but not expecting much joy! This sounds costly to fix!! I guess - be careful with valets.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Did you manage to get this sorted. I Picked up a 1 series last week which had been valeted the previous day. got in started it up and the seat belt light stays on.. Garage are going to sort it but just wondered what the fix was ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.