Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New here, I'm looking at possibly moving to an F87 M2 and will be checking out a prospective purchase over the coming week.
Is it cool to ask about a car in terms of reg plate and any known history here?

It's one that comes up quite often on the M3 forum I use but don't wish to make assumptions here.

Thanks in advance.
:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, just wanted to be sure I wasn't breaching any forum rule I may have overlooked.
The original plate reg I'm interested in is HY67 EHZ - so if anyone has any info on the car, standard M2, I'd be grateful
(y)

·
Super Moderator
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You may have already done this, but it's definitely worth getting a VCheck for your prospective purchase. It's not like a typical HPI check in the sense that it also has information on whether a vehicle has previously been through a salvage auction at any point and will show you the advert for it if it has (I actually went to see a flood-damaged vehicle in the past, the VCheck showed me the salvage advert and showed me the exact extent of damage - a priceless piece of information!).

Reactions: DaveR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum!

You may have already done this, but it's definitely worth getting a VCheck for your prospective purchase. It's not like a typical HPI check in the sense that it also has information on whether a vehicle has previously been through a salvage auction at any point and will show you the advert for it if it has (I actually went to see a flood-damaged vehicle in the past, the VCheck showed me the salvage advert and showed me the exact extent of damage - a priceless piece of information!).
Thanks dxnnyk !

Yes, I've done the full vcheck as I'd already had that recommended, and only things of note are finance which is known and will be sorted, and plate changes, so I have a full list of those vs. ownership changes. The query on the original plate is really to see if the car is known by enthusiasts or has any history to be aware of. Possibly a long shot, but worth a try!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts