Baby BMW Forum banner

Heated steering wheel part

4K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Woodyeee 
#1 ·
Hi all does anyone know the part number for the heated steering wheel button housing?

Peripheral Gadget Gas Font Multimedia
Peripheral Gadget Gas Font Multimedia

See less See more
#8 ·
If there isn't an official heated steering wheel retrofit available from BMW, Cotswold are unable to offer you the relevant parts for it - someone (may well have been the same OP) tried to get a quote for it: no dice.

#9 ·
That's the button, I believe this is the housing (the one with steering heater)

Seems to be P/N: 61316823468

Available on ebay for £60 + £10 from latvia (!) so might be worth asking Cotswolds as well!

#12 ·
I used my M240i last 5 digits on the chassis number it had the heated wheel so it is the correct part number.
By the look of the photos the OP posted he has the covers its the switch he's after.

#26 ·
Me too, it can on the options list for the M135 just as i was finalising my 2014 order. So glad I did as it’s awesome.

#20 ·
I've retrofitted the heated wheel. I bought the button and housing from bmw, in hindsight you can get away with just buying the button and fitting it into your own housing if you have a dremel or similar.

#27 ·
I've recently read that if your car came with the lane assist vibration option the heating element/module is there and retrofitting is just a matter of the button and the steering column housing, and some coding via Bimmercode or similar.

Was that the case with yours? Mine has the lane assist vibration but no steering so I am looking into retrofitting this, do I just go ahead and buy the button and plastic trim? And how about the coding needed?

#22 ·
Possibly 61317849393 is what you're after?

Not a cheap part, so I'd be v. tempted to consult someone else who's done the mod (a few have posted on this thread) before parting with any cash.

Looking at it, it possibly may already be fitted, It would be worth pulling the lower cowling off to have a look to see if the plug for the switch is there already?

#28 ·
Yes, the bottom steering wheel cowl is not necessary if you cut a section out of it for the button to fit it.....I bought it anyway but if I was doing it again I wouldn't bother buying it. So yes buy the button comes with a little loom, then i coded it with bimmercode.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.