Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
I used my M240i last 5 digits on the chassis number it had the heated wheel so it is the correct part number.
By the look of the photos the OP posted he has the covers its the switch he's after.
OP put "Hi all does anyone know the part number for the heated steering wheel button housing?" in their opening post tho, which was why I posted the housing P/N :)

· Registered
118 Posts
Have you looked at the photos he posted ?
Yep, he circled the bit the button fits into. The housing, as it were.

Not going to second guess it when the OP said "housing" and circled the housing. I take that to mean the housing.

If he'd said "the switch that fits inside this hole" then maybe... but he didn't.

· Registered
118 Posts
Many thanks for the response guys, gonna give Cotswold a message.

It is indeed the little housing part the holds the switch that I’m after.

In a nut shell I’m just trying to source all the relevant parts to retrofit the heated steering wheel.
I couldn't find just the switch housing unfortunately, it only looked like it was the complete lower half of the steering cowl.

· Registered
118 Posts
Managed to source cowling from Ebay. The only bit I need now is the module but not to sure what part number it is I need? Any ideas?
Possibly 61317849393 is what you're after?

Not a cheap part, so I'd be v. tempted to consult someone else who's done the mod (a few have posted on this thread) before parting with any cash.

Looking at it, it possibly may already be fitted, It would be worth pulling the lower cowling off to have a look to see if the plug for the switch is there already?

· Registered
118 Posts
I honestly don't know mate, sorry. I'm going to defer any "will this work questions" to people who have done the mod, I just know my way around RealOEM! :)

It's worth mentioning that one isn't PN 61317849393.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts