Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3,248 Posts
Should be able to find it by poking around on RealOEM
Best to select your specific model (your post doesnt mention it) using your cars VIN

Reactions: DaveR

· Registered
1,915 Posts

· Super Moderator
634 Posts
May as well just buy it from Cotswolds full stop. They will have the correct information and be able to supply without any issues.
If there isn't an official heated steering wheel retrofit available from BMW, Cotswold are unable to offer you the relevant parts for it - someone (may well have been the same OP) tried to get a quote for it: no dice.

· Registered
118 Posts

· Registered
1,915 Posts
I used my M240i last 5 digits on the chassis number it had the heated wheel so it is the correct part number.
By the look of the photos the OP posted he has the covers its the switch he's after.

· Registered
118 Posts
I used my M240i last 5 digits on the chassis number it had the heated wheel so it is the correct part number.
By the look of the photos the OP posted he has the covers its the switch he's after.
OP put "Hi all does anyone know the part number for the heated steering wheel button housing?" in their opening post tho, which was why I posted the housing P/N :)

· Registered
1,915 Posts
OP put "Hi all does anyone know the part number for the heated steering wheel button housing?" in their opening post tho, which was why I posted the housing P/N :)
Have you looked at the photos he posted ?

· Registered
118 Posts
Have you looked at the photos he posted ?
Yep, he circled the bit the button fits into. The housing, as it were.

Not going to second guess it when the OP said "housing" and circled the housing. I take that to mean the housing.

If he'd said "the switch that fits inside this hole" then maybe... but he didn't.

· Registered
2018 m140i shadow edition
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Many thanks for the response guys, gonna give Cotswold a message.

It is indeed the little housing part the holds the switch that I’m after.

In a nut shell I’m just trying to source all the relevant parts to retrofit the heated steering wheel.

· Registered
118 Posts
Many thanks for the response guys, gonna give Cotswold a message.

It is indeed the little housing part the holds the switch that I’m after.

In a nut shell I’m just trying to source all the relevant parts to retrofit the heated steering wheel.
I couldn't find just the switch housing unfortunately, it only looked like it was the complete lower half of the steering cowl.

· Registered
63 Posts
I've retrofitted the heated wheel. I bought the button and housing from bmw, in hindsight you can get away with just buying the button and fitting it into your own housing if you have a dremel or similar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts