Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Works perfectly with the iphone 3G. No errors or messages when you plug it in, despite other reviewers problems with this. I got the latest 2.1 firmware which could be the reason why.

Press play on the charger and it switches to ipod. Make a call and it mutes the ipod while you are calling. After you hang up, it returns to the ipod. Hi-Lo switch works well and helps bringing the volume of the aux input to the same level as the radio or CD.

Best of all, I got it from amazon for £15.50 including p&p so a real bargain.

got an extra £2.50 off using a hotukdeals voucher

A must have add-on for the iphone and the 1er.

·
Registered
405 Posts
thanks for the info. Been looking at this tingy myself for my ipod.

Will it fit into the cig lighter under the armrest? (assuming so, but it would be very nice to get a 100% guarantee :p)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mrlee.no said:
Will it fit into the cig lighter under the armrest?
You won't be able to reach the controls on it if it's under there... :?

I've just ordered one though.... :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was assuming I could use the ones on the iPod (I will be using it with an iPod classic). I just pop it in the cupholder. Don't even have to look at it to change tracks :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
My AutoPilot arrived today and first of all it does fit under the armrest- it's actually a bit smaller that the Belkin one I have been using.

The reason I got this though was because the Belkin will not charge my iPhone but it will let me play the iPod through the car's Aux socket after i have dismissed the "Not compatible" warning I get on the phone every time I connect.

The AutoPilot will charge the iPhone- Hooray! However, it does not eliminate the warning- Boo-hiss! I can probably live with this as it's an improvement and when I get my CarComm iPhone cradle (which I am assured is fully compatible) then this should give me an Aux interface for that without a problem.

I noted the earlier comment about the iPhone firmware version and I am sure I've got the latest update but I'll check again in case that fixes it. Alternatively there may be a new spec version of the AutoPilot and I didn't get it...

So far four stars out of five....

·
Registered
311 Posts
henrymitchell said:
BTW, I didn't know BMW did an iPhone cradle... where does it mount?

I've ordrered one of these for my iPhone 3G:
Its an official cradle insert that fits in the armrest of Bluetooth cars. Only lets it work as a phone, not an i-pod, so probably not what you need anyway but it is a thousand times better than anything I have had before.

Thanks for the weblink, some interesting stuff on there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just to add my thumbs up for the Griffin Auto pilot. Mine arrived today and it works with my first generation I-Phone, plays music, picks up phone calls and charges the phone too. Did get the warning on the phone that its not compatible but it most definitely is. Excellent bit of kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.