Baby BMW Forum banner
  • October's Monthly Photo Competition is now open! CLICK HERE to enter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any household aerosol glass cleaner and a scrunched up news paper :) nothign beats the news paper! just dont ever be tempted to put that newspaper on anything but the glass :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TommyD said:
Would drying the windows with a scrunched up sheet of newspaper do the job? (after washing the car)
Absolutely.

Try it on your bathroom mirror or any glass and see for yourself.

The secret is to completely dry off the glass with the newspaper.

First rub the glass with a wet cloth or newspaper. Then dry the remaining droplets with a dry newspaper.

IMO, using anything but tap water will leave some smudges that are difficult to dry with newspaper.

JELLOO :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
IMO, tap water with a "black and white" newspaper.
Any household aerosol glass cleaner and a scrunched up news paper nothign beats the news paper! just dont ever be tempted to put that newspaper on anything but the glass
I'll third that :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is the bleach in the newspaper (ammonia) that reduces the streaks. Older newspapers were better as they had more bleach, but since it makes recycling more difficult they have reduced the amount of bleach used.

That said hazy windows are caused by the dash plastics and silcone based treatments slowly drying/evaporizing or not fully removing the glass cleaning product.

I use Meguiars Glass Cleaner, which I apply with a terry cloth and wipe off with a separate terry cloth. Perfect long lasting results IMO.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anthonyd said:
It is the bleach in the newspaper (ammonia) that reduces the streaks. Older newspapers were better as they had more bleach, but since it makes recycling more difficult they have reduced the amount of bleach used.

That said hazy windows are caused by the dash plastics and silcone based treatments slowly drying/evaporizing or not fully removing the glass cleaning product.
Nice information anthonyd, thanks

JELLOO :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.