Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I actually have a 120d e81 with an complète M-packet. I saw that the front
bumper of the e82 M-packet is different, and I prefere it!
Does somebody have already fix it on an e81? Is it compatible?
Where can I found an "how to" to change the front bumper?

Thanks for your answere. :spotman:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I was offered an E82 135i MSport front bumper in Alpine White for my E81 and was told it would fit by a dealer!? I didn't want it anyway but I thought the fixing points on the E81 would be the same as a E82 and E88, this would mean a common bill of process as they are built in the same assembly plant. I maybe wrong though..... :?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I really dont see why it wouldn't fit?? For example, I cant see BMW making 2 different Performance bumpers.

I am interested in this though as I have scratched, very deeply, my front bumper and have thought about replacing it with the coupe bumper??

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
EvoGlynn said:
I really dont see why it wouldn't fit?? For example, I cant see BMW making 2 different Performance bumpers.

I am interested in this though as I have scratched, very deeply, my front bumper and have thought about replacing it with the coupe bumper??
Here's a pic of my M Sport and Databators M Coupe from the front

Looks like it should fit to me. I thought the bonnet curves might have been different with the different shape grill but it looks the same shape to me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes they will fit the fixing points headlights and grills are the same as the E81 facelift is a straight swap :mrgreen:

·
Registered
39 Posts
135i bumper has no front fog lights. You might get light warnings or codes thrown when you disconnect the fogs.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Does anyone know how much the coupe bumper is??

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
anthonyd said:
135i bumper has no front fog lights. You might get light warnings or codes thrown when you disconnect the fogs.
Looking closely at the pic of the 135i Coupe, are those fog lights I see behind the side grills?

·
Registered
693 Posts
135i has the foglights removed to enable airflow onto the brakes all the other coupe m sport models have foglights would expect they could be retrofitted to the bumper for use on an E81.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I am sure I have seen a coupe with fog lights before. Is it not an option to have them on say a 123d? All you would need to do is buy the different inserts. The problem for me is the parking sensors!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
EvoGlynn said:
Does anyone know how much the coupe bumper is??
£620.58 + VAT painted from BMW!! :shock: This includes headlamp wash only, could be more with PDC!? :?

Price seems high to me as you can buy the aerodynamic bumpers for front and rear for £895 for the set I believe! :idea:

·
Registered
6,313 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
its all well and good fitting the bumper but what about the inner wheel arch liners etc are they the same??? probably not?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Rich, What makes you think they would be different mate???

·
Registered
53 Posts
the bumper looks to me as if the brake intakes are different and its probably different mountings underneath im not saying it wont fit but on a £15k plus car if its not spot on it may look a bit chav! :lol:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I agree mate. Certainly dont want it looking like that! The brake intakes are different due to not having fog lights, surley?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
sootyvrs said:
EvoGlynn said:

Here's a pic of my M Sport and Databators M Coupe from the front

Looks like it should fit to me. I thought the bonnet curves might have been different with the different shape grill but it looks the same shape to me.
you would need to change the grills. the coupe's grills has a more curved outer edge..

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'll let you know!

I have acquired a 135 bumper and its destined for my 130i. It came from a dealer car that had been upgraded with performance kit. The only 'downside' is that it has headlight wash whereas mine doesn't so I'll just have to figure out how to fit it then...

Pick it upon Tuesday. I'm hoping it will include the ducts as I guess the Perf bumper will have had its own.
I'm expecting it to fit although I will need a new grill at least.

It will be a little while as I need to get it painted but I'll try to get photos of the change process.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.