Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 BMW 2 Series 225xe
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My mirrors are apparently not auto folding in (i.e. fold in when you switch off). In fact, I don't think they are electrically foldable at all. Seems odd on such a vehicle. Was that even an option on this car?

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
2016 BMW 2 Series 225xe
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then it doesn't look like you have power folding mirrors. retrofit is doable but all depends on how much you really want them. it will require some coding and might need extra work with the wires (DIY: Power Folding Mirrors Retrofit (2019))
Thanks icelink. I'm pretty sure I don't want them enough to mess with the wiring 🤣. However, it does seem that at least the motors must already be there for these retrofit solutions to work.

I do intend to learn a little about BMW coding going forward. Can't be that difficult.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
parts
Parts Looks like there's 4 part numbers 2 left and 2 right. there's a massive price difference between 2 of them, the power fold version being the expensive version. Even on ebay used power fold versions are £250-275 each so not a cheep upgrade when all done.

Reactions: Tech-Jock

·
Registered
2016 BMW 2 Series 225xe
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
parts
Parts Looks like there's 4 part numbers 2 left and 2 right. there's a massive price difference between 2 of them, the power fold version being the expensive version. Even on ebay used power fold versions are £250-275 each so not a cheep upgrade when all done.
Agreed - I shan't be investing 🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts