Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My car has developed a flapping sound when the interior fan is on. It doesn't happen when cold but shortly after its warm you can hear a flapping noise coming from under the central air vent. Don't know if a leaf or something has got in there, it sounds like its a leaf flapping around but my pollen filter should stop mircoscopic pollen, i thought a leaf would be alittle too big to get through those tiny tiny holes or is my grasp of physics way off?

Is this noise actually the bearing on the interior fan going maybe?

Back to the dealer....again

My car is an Alfa Romeo 130i M sport 55 reg with 31k on the clock

I meant BMW, i must be getting confused :roll:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had leaves in mine, they said they must have got in there whilst the filter was off when it was being changed????. They told me not to worry about it.

Its been fine for 6 months since they removed the leaves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks i m lucky you are online for quickest reply:)
i told my porblem to them they told me dont worry about it too. but this noise making me crazy when i heard it. i m gonna take my car to service on saturday. hope they can do.
thanks again.bye

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't know the specifics of what they did to clean it out. He might have took the cabin filter out and put his arm in and fished some leaves out???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.