Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into another M135i the other day that was popping, banging, and pulling away from me when I was in sports mode. We ended up going to the same place and I got talking to the owner. He told me that it has over 20K worth of mods. It has been tuned by Direnza and they have developed a lot of parts using his car. It's running over 500 BHP and getting tuned to 700 soon and also pushing 900 NM (with the Aisin gearbox and apparently not ran into any trouble). He wrote some notes in my phone on some of the performance mods done.

Manifold back stage 3 remap.
Intercooler air intake
engine mounts
gearbox mount

I got a couple of videos of the car and the engine that I uploaded to TikTok if anyone cares enough to view it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
He said absolutely no issues with the gearbox at all. I thought I read online that Aisin is only good for 550 NM
I've read it’s lower but constant heavy kickdowns can break any gearbox or dmf with even a stage 1 tune...

·
Registered
677 Posts
The gearboxes can always take more then stated, I think the model number just refers to how much it has, eg. M140i is 500Nm but many take more.

·
Registered
727 Posts
They can but you still would need to have some common sense, especially with other components such as the dual mass flywheel...

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
181 Posts
It would probably be cheaper investing the money in a higher performance stock car that’s designed to withstand the power it produces. There’s no way that drivetrains got any longevity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts