Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking the car has some form of PPF fitted at factory, to specific areas such as leading edges of rear arches?
I'm trying to do my research and believe that area, along with front bumper, is vulnerable to chipping. Any info on that and the following would be appreciated...
-does BMW offer a service for additional PPF installation?
-are there other areas that are vulnerable? Whilst not stone chip related I believe there is an issue with inner door shut/door seal rub that can benefit from PPF too.

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
4,236 Posts
You are correct that the car comes with PPF on the rear arches to help prevent gravel rash

BMW doesn't fit PPF directly, however some dealerships will out source to local companies - with varying degrees of success!

Most people who want PPF opt for a full front end (bumper, headlights, bonnet, front wings and rear of the exterior mirror caps) and this is roughly £1400. You can add the side skirts to the list for around £200

Reactions: DaveR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct that the car comes with PPF on the rear arches to help prevent grave rash

BMW doesn't fit PPF directly, however some dealerships will out source to local companies - with varying degrees of success!

Most people who want PPF opt for a full front end (bumper, headlights, bonnet, front wings and rear of the exterior mirror caps) and this is roughly £1400. You can add the side skirts to the list for around £200
Many thanks for the info, now I know the rear arch area should be a given to check out. As for broader application, that makes sense as I guess dealer body shops want to focus on repairs, paint etc and probably call a local supplier in that they use when needed.

If anyone is able to share photos of front end work that would be helpful. I’m just wondering how a protected panel looks right next to an unprotected one when looking at shut lines etc.particularly areas such as front bumper to bonnet for example.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Not an M2, but my car has full front end PPF plus sills and rear arches. You really can't tell it has PPF unless you look very closely. Wherever possible there are no edges. The coating is XPEL but the key thing is the skill and care taken by the installer.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not an M2, but my car has full front end PPF plus sills and rear arches. You really can't tell it has PPF unless you look very closely. Wherever possible there are no edges. The coating is XPEL but the key thing is the skill and care taken by the installer.

View attachment 18292
Thankyou, and fine looking car there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts