Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before but I'm just really indecisive and the time to commit to one is very close.

So far I have narrowed it down to

Remus Race GPF Back
Cobra Race GPF Back (back box delete)

The cobra system is cheaper and from videos and I can't tell if it sounds that much different to the Remus. I'm hesitant to get the cobra and it not be enough. I'm open to suggestions but from my research these two seem to be the best excluding the likes of akrapovic

·
Registered
559 Posts
I know this has been asked before but I'm just really indecisive and the time to commit to one is very close.

So far I have narrowed it down to

Remus Race GPF Back
Cobra Race GPF Back (back box delete)

The cobra system is cheaper and from videos and I can't tell if it sounds that much different to the Remus. I'm hesitant to get the cobra and it not be enough. I'm open to suggestions but from my research these two seem to be the best excluding the likes of akrapovic
Heard both side by side, cobra sounded slightly smoother, thought the Remus was a touch louder. That’s stationary, neutral & revving both. Personally think the chamber gives the Remus more depth.

I was surprised, all the banging on the back box delete gets it was a bit disappointing. Remus for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard both side by side, cobra sounded slightly smoother, thought the Remus was a touch louder. That’s stationary, neutral & revving both. Personally think the chamber gives the Remus more depth.

I was surprised, all the banging on the back box delete gets it was a bit disappointing. Remus for me.
That's a really good insight thank you. Do you think the Remus is worth the extra £1000? I'm looking for a louder exhaust. I'm eventually going to opt for a sports cat downpipe but just opting for an exhaust first to get a nicer and more importantly a louder sound. How much louder is the cobra compared to stock?

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's a really good insight thank you. Do you think the Remus is worth the extra £1000? I'm looking for a louder exhaust. I'm eventually going to opt for a sports cat downpipe but just opting for an exhaust first to get a nicer and more importantly a louder sound. How much louder is the cobra compared to stock?
An extra £1000… no, think you’d be mad. The difference is very subtle. I’ve said this to a few people recently, the scorpion Ascari is £860-960 on eBay & will sound the same… if i was buying again that’s where my money would go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An extra £1000… no, think you’d be mad. The difference is very subtle. I’ve said this to a few people recently, the scorpion Ascari is £860-960 on eBay & will sound the same… if i was buying again that’s where my money would go.
I'll check that one out. What current set up do you have at the moment?

·
Registered
559 Posts
An extra £1000… no, think you’d be mad. The difference is very subtle. I’ve said this to a few people recently, the scorpion Ascari is £860 on eBay & will sound the same… if i was buying again that’s where my money would go.
I'll check that one out. What current set up do you have at the moment?
Remus race opf back with carbon titanium tips

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remus race opf back with carbon titanium tips
I did have my heart set on that but I don't think I really need a valve I don't think the engine will be loud enough to cause issues and you can get the unvalved cobra for £700 or the one you linked for just a bit more. As much as I like the Remus Race I don't think the slight noise increase is worth it

·
Registered
559 Posts
I did have my heart set on that but I don't think I really need a valve I don't think the engine will be loud enough to cause issues and you can get the unvalved cobra for £700 or the one you linked for just a bit more. As much as I like the Remus Race I don't think the slight noise increase is worth it
My personal opinion would be to stick as close to stock as possible with a valve. It’s there to aid the cat warming on cold starts etc & gives that bit more wiggle by BMW should a warranty claim be required. I close the valve on the motorway, not that there’s drone but sometimes it’s nice to have a quiet cabin. No valve would get annoying at times.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My personal opinion would be to stick as close to stock as possible with a valve. It’s there to aid the cat warming on cold starts etc & gives that bit more wiggle by BMW should a warranty claim be required. I close the valve on the motorway, not that there’s drone but sometimes it’s nice to have a quiet cabin. No valve would get annoying at times.
I've coded my car to keep the valve open as stock so I never heard it closed as is. is cat warming still a thing with a sports cat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts