Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

don’t suppose anyone can help me. 128ti delivery is not far away now and I wondered if anyone knew the size of the exhaust pipes when the tips are off? I was hoping to change the tips as I’m not a lover of the black.
I’ve heard I need 63mm Inlet then someone else said 63mm was too big.

TIA

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey all,

don’t suppose anyone can help me. 128ti delivery is not far away now and I wondered if anyone knew the size of the exhaust pipes when the tips are off? I was hoping to change the tips as I’m not a lover of the black.
I’ve heard I need 63mm Inlet then someone else said 63mm was too big.

TIA
Hi,I don't know if you have heard the 128ti but the exhaust sounds as sporty as a wet fish,I'd just bite the bullet and get an exhaust on it,some nice sounding ones by cobra,Remus, etc😁

·
Registered
430 Posts
I do know this. But that wasn’t my question, and also I don’t want to spend out for a full exhaust but thanks
I think the exhaust on the 128ti looks pretty much the same as the 120d😟so you are right,some new exhaust tips would help in the looks department,sorry for jumping the gun there,maybe an upgrade on the exhaust later on though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I want to change them up a bit when I get it. Just been told so many different measurements 🤦🏼‍♀️
No it’s ok, thank you.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah I want to change them up a bit when I get it. Just been told so many different measurements 🤦🏼‍♀️
No it’s ok, thank you.
don't know if you're mechanically minded but the tips will knock off from behind with a mallet then just give the exhaust a quick measure,if this is like any other bmw exhaust there are locating pins which will need to be cut off to fit replacement tips satisfactorily.😁

·
Registered
7 Posts
Presently coming from Akrapovic exhaust (lucked on them, came as standard at a MY change, would never pay £3000 for pleasure) so you think would feel some pain, but actually really like the 128Ti tips, both in size and the black, and as complement to the black gloss features, and optioned privacy glass, in contrast to the Alpine White.

My personal little add is going to be a Maxton Lip Spoiler,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts