Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Evolve Automotive ECU Remap Special Offer for babybmw.net members.

ECU Remaps:

118d 143bhp +35bhp / 50 lb.ft

120d 163bhp +45bhp / 65 lb.ft

120d 177bhp +40bhp / 60 lb.ft

123d 204bhp +40bhp / 60 lb.ft

135i 306bhp +55bhp / 75 lb.ft

All of our ECU remaps are developed both on road and on our Dyno Dynamics Dyno. During development cars are fully instrumented with our data logging equipment (constantly logging fluid temperatures, gas temperatures and air fuel ratios).
The dyno has the ability to hold so we can create even the most extreme conditions.
Our Dastek 20hp cooling fan generates wind speeds of 100mph and can keep even the M5 V10 engine cool even under the most extreme loads.
Previous work includes a 335d which beats M3 CSL's at Fighting Torque and the most powerful MOT passable Z3M Roadster giving 353bhp.
Our power claims are conservative. It is very common for our remapped cars to go to other dyno's and make more power there.

Dyno Graphs

Warranty

Evolve offer a fully comprehensive warranty. If a warranty claim is refused by a main dealer as a result of our ECU software then Evolve will repair your vehicle. This is included in the price. Please contact for further details on our warranty.

Prices

118d 143bhp, RRP is £499, forum price £399
120d 163bhp, RRP is £499, forum price £399
120d 177bhp, RRP is £499, forum price £399
123d 204bhp, RRP is £549, forum price £449
135i 306bhp, RRP is £999, forum price £749

All software is loaded through the OBD2 port.

Dyno sessions are available at an additional £50.

These prices are valid until end of September 2008.

Group buys available - please contact for more info.

Contact - 0871 231 1001 / 1020
[email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
On the 135i what exactly does the map change? I'd be concerned about increased boost on those baby turbos...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nik

We can map the 130i through the diagnostic port. Gains will be around 13 BHP and 20Nm Torque with enhanced throttle response. Forum price will be £399 inc VAT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
knowley said:
On the 135i what exactly does the map change? I'd be concerned about increased boost on those baby turbos...
Boost is raised by 0.2 bar. Stock boost is 0.6 bar.

BMWcar will be publishing a review on our 123d and 335i/135i remaps later on this year.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Is it best to have the map done on the RR? Also would I gett a little more from the map if I was to put a BMC replacment filter in?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

We have never tested a deisel engine with a performance filter so it would be difficult to say if there was going to be a gain.

Usually - there isn't.

As for RR session - you don't have to have one on such a new car, the map is going to do pretty much the same thing as it would on another car. People usually have them to see the gains for themselves and have a print out.

We primarily use our dyno for development work, custom work where it's required and live mapping.

As an example, we are putting all cars with the 3.0 Twin Turbo engine on the dyno to see if there is a variance in output before and after remap. Doesn't seem to be much a difference!

Oh, for those of you who are looking to have their 135's done - you can expect atleast 370bhp from our remap! Tried and tested enough times now to show a consistent gain.

Thanks
Sal

·
Registered
172 Posts
evolve said:
Oh, for those of you who are looking to have their 135's done - you can expect atleast 370bhp from our remap! Tried and tested enough times now to show a consistent gain.
Wow, and you warrant that work?

I've seen some pretty nasty photos of stripped turbos after that much power being put through a bmw 3.0 twin turbo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i won't pre-empt evolve but i believe they have a full warant package through thier own insurance. i'm certainly covered in this way and i think in previous posts evolve have said this

·
Registered
114 Posts
preppeller said:
evolve said:
Wow, and you warrant that work?

I've seen some pretty nasty photos of stripped turbos after that much power being put through a bmw 3.0 twin turbo.
Hi,

We run alot less boost than than piggyback system do to get the same power. I will post up what the latest 335i made.

We offer a real warranty if anything should happen. Terms and conditions can be sent to you on application.

Thanks
Sal

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.