Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just dipping a toe in the water here to see what interest there is.

I was watching the Cannonball 8000 on the TV where they went from the UK to Brussels, Nurburgring, Munich and then Rome.

I'm not proposing a trip to Rome, but a trip to our car's place of birth (Regensburg) via the Nurburgring and Munich seemed like a good route.

It could involve a run around the Nurburgring, visiting the BMW museum in Munich and possibly a factory tour in Regensburg (if we can get booked in).

I was thinking about July/August when the weather should be reasonable.

The BMW Regensburg plant can also be visited.

+49941/770-2012 and fax +49941/770-3550 .
What do you think?

Here is a bit of inspiration:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am already going to see the french F1 race this summer, July 16th. :D As some of you already know I have done this before (many times) with my old lovely smart car and it is fantastic so highly recommended. Next year for me please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ikki said:
I think that my summer hols money is taking me elsewhere at present. It's still something that I would like to do sometime, perhaps next summer as that would possibly be my last summer with this particular car.
So, the trip is off? I am in Prague and would have met you for the Regensburg & Munich part... the new BMW factory in Leipzig would be cool too!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's too late now, but I haven't ruled it out for next year or beyond.

This summer is not possible for me and the trip will require quite a lot of organisation, but I would love to do it. If we can organise the trip as a group effort and set a date, then things can progress.

The idea of tons of 1ers from all over Europe converging on Regensburg or Munich has a certain appeal.

Ideas or your views please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ikki said:
It's too late now, but I haven't ruled it out for next year or beyond.

This summer is not possible for me and the trip will require quite a lot of organization, but I would love to do it. If we can organize the trip as a group effort and set a date, then things can progress.

The idea of tons of 1ers from all over Europe converging on Regensburg or Munich has a certain appeal.

Ideas or your views please.
well, is it "next year or beyond "
----------

I'd be up to meet and have fun too - I'm in Kaiserslautern/Landstuhl Germany :spotman:

·
Registered
229 Posts
This sounds interesting. I have done a few tours around europe with the 1er (last 3 summers), a couple on my smart on my own and a nother two with the smartclub and it is fun.

Idea:
Trip to Germany with a lap or two around Nurburgin (spelling?).

Thoughts...?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.