Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,

My car has to go in to have its drivers side buffed as there are some on it. It was bought from Altwood with out any problems what so ever but as I don't live in Maidenhead, Sytners is my nearest dealer. I took it down one day to have the paint checked and spoke to a very friendly fella called Pete from the bodyshop department. He said that it needed to come in to be buffed to get these marks out and would probably be off the road for about 2 days. Annoying, but needed. I rang Altwood and got them to speak to Pete and was called back a day later with reference to booking it in at Sytners. Nice and easy. One annoying thing was that I was offered a fricking corsa as a hire car but also had the option to pay £10 a day to have a BMW. WTF I couldnt really believe that but that was the way it was. I also needed to sort my own insurance out but as the hire car was a 116 there was no additions on my premium. Really I would have expected a dealer like BMW to have all this sorted but apparently not?
Anyway, the cars in on the 13th Apr so we'll see what happens.

So far (Out of 10)
Reception speed: 10
Friendliness: 9
Knowledge: 8
Communication: 7
Booking in speed: 6
Cleanliness: 10

Will follow up on the 13th

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my car back today after being with Sytners for 1.5 days. All the work looks like it has been done proffessionally and it looks better now than it did when it rolled off the trailer :shock: (mainly due to the fact that the trailer did 200 miles to bring it to me and the car had a thin coating of road dust). All the work was organised thru Altwood in Maidenhead as mentioned so pat on the back for them too. :)

When I dropped the car off on wednesday they were supposed to have a 116 waiting for me. Id had to arrange my own insurance etc as well for this. However, when I got there they had no paperwork for anything at all, job or rental. Luckily the guy at the service desk, Pete, remembered me/the car and knew where to look and found the correct paper work. I assume the mix up here came because it was organised thru another dealer. They told me the rental car they had for me was filthy and asked me if I minded waiting 10 mins whilst they cleaned it, which was fine by me so I wnet and enjoyed a coffee. A few mins later the nice lady from reception, Nicola, came over to me and told me that when they tried to get someone to bring the car down they found out the the previous person that had the rental hadn't brought it back. So not too sure how they new it was dirty.... :roll:. Anyroad, they asked if it was ok for them to give me a 3 instead to which I was happy with and said they'd just put me on their insurance....which really, looking back now, is a little annoying...why didn't they do this in the first place... :evil: If Id have had a 116 and got a 120 on hire Id have had to pay something for the insurance that I wouldnt have used......luckily this wasnt the case. The 3 was an auto which was fine for a day, but the drive was no where near as nice as the one. I didnt like the interior as much either. Heres a pic;

Anyway, I was very happy with the overall service that I received from this dealer and as of today am happy to recommend them to anyone
needing a BMW dealer in Sheffield or the surrounding area. :p

Reception speed: 10
Friendliness: 10
Knowledge: n/a
Communication: 5
Booking in speed: n/a
Cleanliness: 10
Coffee: 7

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, just a quick update. In the end my car needed to go back to be handglazed as it still wasnt as good as it should have been.

I took it back to Sytners who took full responsibility for it, saying that it was their fault it wast done 100% and would sort it all out asap.
Thats exactly what they did and it looks the best that it has ever looked now.

At the moment, although I have heard bad things about Sytners in the past, I have nothing but priase for them at the moment.

(all my comments have been about the service department) :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.